Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL MMM
all I found was a green marble....Oh and a screen frame with my $200 Underwater metal detector...

DSC01233.jpg DSC01234.jpg e-cadena 22 julio punta gorda.jpg

I dive almost only salt water so what I find cannot be stuff like blackberries and autos as they would be destroyed with no hope of recovery. However, I did find an anchor recently, as I do a couple of times a year, and sold it to a guy who was sitting in his pickup watching. I actually wish I had of kept it, but no big deal as I have a number of anchors that my wife would like me to sell as they line the walk beside our house and have a tendency to trip us :) .

Also, plenty of lures, but I hesitate to pick them up sometimes because I don't want to puncture my BCD. I've thought about maybe a cork thing to put inside my goodie-bag, but I'm still not convinced the risk is worth it for a $3 jig.

And a month ago I found a strange thing - a "Kitty Statue" (about 1 foot tall) which I suspect was put down there by a divemaster or jokester for someone to see or for part of training to make sure they really had "been there". I left it there - whether the winter storms or someone retrieved it, I don't know, but it wasn't there a month later.

the craziest thing i found.... hmmm. last spring itching to get out for a dive, headed to local beach to do some shallow diving with two other buddies. we were cruising about 10' just above the vegetation and there was a little clearing...a bald spot in the weeds.. imagine looking over the tops of the 3' weeds trying to see the bottom...then...i saw HAIR!!! Right away it was one of those situations of, i dont really want to know but i have to check it out... so, slowly cautiously reached out and gingerly picked it up.......... WIG. whew. that was one of those moments. The rest of the dive one of my buddies was wearing it. hope you enjoyed my story.

the craziest thing i found.... hmmm. last spring itching to get out for a dive, headed to local beach to do some shallow diving with two other buddies. we were cruising about 10' just above the vegetation and there was a little clearing...a bald spot in the weeds.. imagine looking over the tops of the 3' weeds trying to see the bottom...then...i saw HAIR!!! Right away it was one of those situations of, i dont really want to know but i have to check it out... so, slowly cautiously reached out and gingerly picked it up.......... WIG. whew. that was one of those moments. The rest of the dive one of my buddies was wearing it. hope you enjoyed my story.
I found hair once but it had a head attached.
ZDD

003.jpg002.jpgspent 2 weeks on west coast of FLA the peices of eight are fake used for movies and TV shows they filmed in the area

Yes I found scrap weight in gold and silver close to 500.00 which I wont sell because my wife is wearing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom