Things you've lost underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have lost a fin i rented from the divestore for the trip. it was no ordinary fin, i wanted to try out the extra forcefins they had on board, so when i was just about to put them on, one of them i couldnt hold on to and fell. i was not certified then so i was not allowed to jump in with the DMs, and it was a very murky day.
i ended up having to pay $AUS 200.........
why me........why a forcefin.........:(
i think my wallet is still pretty sore even though that was about 4months ago.

Lost a Dee Rag and a piece of my Dive Flag at Pepper Park in Ft. Pierce while getting rolled around in the surf.

Lost a Wenoka dive knife at the Huron wreck site in Nags Head while getting rolled around in the surf.

Lost a 5 lb weight in Lake Rawlings, Va. I put it in my BC pocket and it just fell out somewhere.

I lost and found my Olypus C4000 and PT-10 on a new years eve dive off of Ft. Lauderdale. I can't remember which wreck we were on, but I am sure Walter will let me know. I only had the camera attached to my arm by the lanyard that comes with it. Bad mistake. I now attach the camera to my BC using two different types if lanyards.

Wedding ring! Helping tie up the boat after a dive. Slid right off - couldn't get it off before that. Anyway, it is buried in the silt which is where I wish my ex was now, lol, just kidding.

I lost one of my dacor rig 2 pockets with 10 lbs of lead in bainbridge (Quarry in PA) in about 15 feet of water near the training platform at access A. I tried to go back down for it but could not locate it in the silt. The pocket is green and black with a orange plastic pull tab. The weight is specialy crafted to use a allen wrentch to secure it to a belt. If you found it let me know.

Other then that I have not lost any other dive gear.

haha, i reckon if someone goes for a dive to find what people have left behind, they will get pretty loaded.........fins, masks, snorkells, jewelleries, wedding rings........:)

Well, now that I'm certified, the only thing I have lost was my snorkel. Actually, I didn't lose it per se, I more of removed it from my mask and left it on the boat as all it was doing was catching clumps of seaweed.

Oh yeah. I once lost my boat motor. Brand new boat. I had mailed the first insurance check on a Friday, lost the motor on the following Sunday, put a 30K claim n on the Monday. I don't think they had even opened the check, yet!

I left a Henderson 6 pocket neoprene weightbelt on a night dive with a Dive Paradise boat last month...Bummer, it was still in good shape

I have never had a day of freediving without finding anything.

8 pairs of sunglasses (including some Dulche & Calbana's in mint condition)
Cheap digital watch (still working)
Snorkel (now in use, what?!? I cleaned it)
Spiked leather bracer
My brothers medic alert that he lost a few days before

just to name a few

And my personal favorite: A cell phone. I took the sim card out of it and put it in a new phone of the same model, got some numbers sent a text message and the guy called me back. Turns out he had lost it about two months earlier, didn't bother to look for it though. At first he was pissed, then he lightened up. A couple months later he called me actually trying to get a number off of his old phone!

~James

P.S. An interesting parallel thread. You guy's lose it, they find it: http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=35894&highlight=things+found+freediving

my right fin while doing a nav. course. I found it and still navigated through it in good time.

Back
Top Bottom