Things you've lost underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,

After spending two tours to the middle east and making 50 or so search and recovery operations. I did'nt lose anything. Now coming home to spearfish Long Island, N.Y.

I have lost:
Mini JBL speargun and shaft
UK dive knife

and countless summer fluke.

Fact is: if it is not strapped to your BC, then consider it lost.......

Lost a mask and snorkel, coming in rough water. Is there any way to strap them down

A large yellow crate in about 3m of water with a sandy bottom. Don't think it was me that lost it though, probally another member of the group I was diving with.

Lost my crappy timex dive watch while doing surface BCD removal drill for Open Water Cert... Then we found it again at 50' in a lost stuff recovery drill.
Lesson, no velcro on watchbands, and don't buy crappy watches cuz they will follow you around forever.

Lost an Orca dive computer once in Catalina. I was helping GF adjust her gear in the water and her fin caught it and ripped it off my BC. A week later I dove the same spot and found it 2 feet from my anchor. The poor thing thought I had 160+ hours of bottom time and spent the next two weeks telling me to ascend slower.

Dumbest lost was my spare air. I was dving with a borrowed BC and the tank slipped out. I stuck the spare air in my mouth, removed the BC and reattached the tank, donned the BC and spat the spare air out when I switched back to the second stage. Didn't realize what I had done for about 3 minutes; spent the last half of my dive in a fruitless & obsenity filled search.

Flashlight(s)
knife
goody bags
Spanish Medallion (lifted by pirates at knifepoint)
weights

BUDDY (S)

My dive instructor's compass console which was clipped on my BC . . apparently . . it wasn't clipped that well and I lost it underwater during our shore entry. . sheesh . . thank gawd my instructor told me not to worry about it. . I love him! haha.

Hi All,

I still remember during my AI course in Redang Malaysia year 1998.
lost my fin.
Bad day..........

Cheer
Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom