Thinking about a Saturday dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Devils_advocate

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking to dive Saturday has anyone got plans? I don't have a dive spot picked out yet. If anyone is intrested let me know.

I picked up a new dry suit and have absolutely no idea about weighting with my doubles. I'd really like to get this sorted out before I embark on a Poling dive, so a spot with an easy entry would be best insofar as I'm concerned...

BTW: High tide is around 10am - it'll be a short walk to the water!

Adam

I'm not so keen on Back Beach...every time I've been there, it has sucked...no vis. I've only done one dive at Stagefort, but it was like 1-2ft vis and murkey icky.

I love Old Garden Beach...can't get an easier entry than that, vis is always great, and lobster are usually to be found. Or we could embark on a Folly Cove dive if it's high tide (I've never been there).

Let's meet at BK at 9am on Saturday and figure it out from there. We can check the wind and look at a map.

You will have to give me directions to the meeting point. It is about a two and half--three hour drive to Cape Ann, but I should be able to make it by nine.

Old Garden's fine w/ me. The one time that I dove it (in July '02) there was great vis, just nothing to look at.... Folly is an awesome dive, but it is called "ankle breaker beach" for a reason. I'd say if there's any ice, whatsoever, NOT to do Folly. I guess that w/ the doubles, however, I'd have enough momentum to just roll on down into the water!

Adam

BTW: my email is apsamansky@yahoo.com if y'all want to contact me for planning purposes.

I've already picked up my air, lubed my zipper, packed my bag. Now I just have to make it through tomorrow. :D

Hi guys,

My suit is in the shop (new wrist seals), but, I just wanted to add that while Old Garden is one my favorite spots and I'm sure you will have a great time there, the entry (while still "easy) is not quite the same as summer time. So, just be a little more careful, the sand is gone and there's a lot of small rocks.

Have fun and be sure to post dive conditions and the shape the beach is in (I haven't seen it over a month). Also, watch out for trawlers, sometimes at this time of year they come a little closer in toward the beach.

My last dive there I found 2 live scallops....so keep your eyes out.

DIVE SAFE :)

Back
Top Bottom