Thinking about a Saturday dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't die that easily! :eek:ut: As soon as I buy another pair of fins and mask I'm going to try again. :D So hopefully in a couple of weeks it will also be warmer. My Mares Isotherm seemed like it was going to stay dry, even after getting beaten into the damn rocks. After seeing Aaron when he came out in a dry suit I think that I'm going to be a bit more cautious with the temp. Gary and Aaron were both diving dry and I was wearing a .5 mm Microprene with a Mares Isotherm so I dunno if it would have been enough for 34 degree water.

However, it would have been much better to be cold and do a short dive than it would to drive for 2.5 hours and loose a fin with no dive! :(

MASS-Diver once bubbled...
34degs, it doesn't get much colder than that. Surge can be tough to dive in as well, I always feel like I'm getting motion sickness when it's real strong..

As I mentioned, I almost threw up when I got back on shore. It could have been partially motion sickness in combination with cold water and dehydration. The nausea passed after a few minutes, thankfully and I was able to doff my gear and head home. :eek:ut:

All in all it was a good day, though I think I'm going to wait another 6 weeks or so before I get back in the water....too cold and nothing to see.

Arron was dry!! Oh happy day! Congrats!

It's still not getting the message. Thanks:) Glad you all had a safe, dry day. I think I'm going to wait a bit before doing my next dive also. I'm not super picky but I do like actually seeing something when I'm down there:wacko:

decapoddiver once bubbled...
It's still not getting the message. Thanks:) Glad you all had a safe, dry day. I think I'm going to wait a bit before doing my next dive also. I'm not super picky but I do like actually seeing something when I'm down there:wacko:

I don't think my drysuit had much to say about the matter. When the inside is one solid piece of aquaseal, it's tough for it to leak.

My drysuit will be seeing ebay shortly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom