Thinking about Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandmanz32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i've never even been on a plane before. im looking to book a dive trip for next summer , to dive belize, looks beautiful! does anyone wish to share their stories, good and bad about some of the ops down there as well as good places to stay...dont need a resort, but thats not out of the question. whats a good airline to use?

Hey JA-MEZ!!! It's me!! Scubatiggrr!! lol

I have 4 times. Here's a thread about the last time I was there.

Belize-Caye Caulker 8-24 thru 9-4 - Zendiving

I talk a lot about food but, it was a fun dive trip!

PM me if you have ?'s I LOVE BELIZE!!!

As to airlines, a lot depends on where you're coming from. US Airways used to fly from Charlotte, don't know if it still does. Otherwise American from Miami or Continental from Houston are the main ones in the south. Another option which may well be significantly cheaper is to fly to Cancun and then bus down - lots of people do that.

Have a look at Belize Vacations, Tours, Resorts, News, Hotels, Travels, Flights, Weather, Maps, Real Estate, which has a wealth of information about the whole of Belize, not just Ambergris Caye (an island in the north, a little further north than Caye Caulker). There are lots of maps there as well, so you can get familiar with the layout of Belize. And lots of cross-references to other useful sites. Right down at the bottom under "messages" you'll find a very active discussion forum which may give you further ideas.

How long do you want your trip to be? If it's just a week then stay in one place and just dive. If it's longer then you might want to spend the first part diving, then move inland to see some jungle and Mayan ruins. There are some fascinating sights!

If it's longer then you might want to spend the first part diving, then move inland to see some jungle and Mayan ruins. There are some fascinating sights!

Dude. Why would you want to do all of that stuff???? If you are there longer....it just means more dives. :D:D:D

The ultimate is the Belize Aggressor III and I stay at the Radisson in Belize city! For more info you can check here: Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services
It is by far my favorite Caribbean destination for diving! Also Ramon's Village on AC is cool for land based! I fly Continental out of Huston it's only 1:50 min flight!

The best airline for you would be the one that travels on your best schedule, and is cheaper than the others.

I have been to Ambergris, dove with Protech (PeterBJ7's op), had a good time, did the local reefs and a trip to the Blue Hole.

It was a fun trip, worth doing. There was not a whole lot of color on the reef compared to other Caribbean places I have been, but the reefs were very healthy with a lot of fish.

Meals were not too God awful expensive, again compared to other places I've been. It seemed safe enough to walk around behind the touristy areas, and nobody in our group that did so encountered any problems. Lots of pushy street vendors, but you'll get that most anywhere.

Hey Sandman, is the boat your on in your picture from BIBR? (Mss Elouise)?
600_IMG_4932_Amy_on_boat_BIBR_06.jpg

Another shot of the boat:

600_IMG_4929_Deb_Tony_on_Dive_boat_BIBR_06.jpg

Back
Top Bottom