Thinsulate cleaning options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had success using a couple of capfuls of vinegar in a gentle wash cycle and then laying the undergarment over the clothes line to dry.

Pretty much what I do. I drape it over a chair to dry. You can't hang it up because the weight of the water in the thinsulate will pull the underwear apart.

Pretty much what I do. I drape it over a chair to dry. You can't hang it up because the weight of the water in the thinsulate will pull the underwear apart.

Do you think a sweater rack would work? I imagine that would put less stress on the thing than a chair. Assuming you have one, but it would be much cheaper than purpose-made dive underwear.

Do you think a sweater rack would work? I imagine that would put less stress on the thing than a chair. Assuming you have one, but it would be much cheaper than purpose-made dive underwear.
I drape mine over a stepladder, and then use a ski boot dryer (Amazon.com: DryGuy Wide-Body Boot and Glove Dryer: Sports & Outdoors) to gently blow air through the suit after I've washed it, which greatly speeds up dry time. Two pegs in the arms, two pegs in the legs...

Actually, I use it every time I dive the undies, as I get a lot of condensation in the suit from sweat, particularly when I have the electric vest on. It really helps.

whats a sweater rack? lol

probably though.

whats a sweater rack?

1576926672_07d4c06bd4.jpg

Would you wash those with Woolite? Would you even NEED a fabric softener? So many questions!!! Definitely cool or cold water from the looks of them, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom