this if funny. Someone selling Oriskany Divemaster services for $250/day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Lordy, I'm getting hammered on the forums today!

Hammered in the forums, hammered at the megadives, hammered in Florida, hammered in Alabama,… OOPS, I’ve said too much!
As for OD’s webpage:
I like the title Extraordinaire. It gives him flair! It shows he has character.
Extraordinaire means extraordinary, more than ordinary. I hate even being regular ordinary.
Think of it this way, extraordinary, hyperordinary, superordinary, superbugman,…
Just think of all the ways to say Uberordinary, and you’re bound to come up with a few Alabamans.
What? Why are you all looking at me like that? Did I say something innapropriate? ;P

Boating math,... grabs a pencil and paper,...
gallons of fuel,... gallons per hour,... 40 knots,... $250/day,...

GOT IT!!!
It takes three bottles of Tattoo spiced rum, half an hour until the crew is drunk, how many times in a day Andy gets his reel tangled, and the charge from the Sheriff to board each conch diver that goes with me per night in his jail!

Wait. I think I got the numbers screwed up somewhere.
DUH! Mah pencil weren't even sharpened! Hyuck! I knew sump'n was screwy!

It was how many times in a ROW Andy gets his reel tangled! DUH!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Think of it this way, extraordinary, hyperordinary, superordinary, superbugman,…
Just think of all the ways to say Uberordinary, and you’re bound to come up with a few Alabamans...

SuPrBuGmAn = überordinary, thats all I got out of that, and thats just fine :D

My work here is done, pay me $$ and I'll take you on beach dives.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Hammered in the forums, hammered at the megadives, hammered in Florida, hammered in Alabama,… OOPS, I’ve said too much!
As for OD’s webpage:
I like the title Extraordinaire. It gives him flair! It shows he has character.
Extraordinaire means extraordinary, more than ordinary. I hate even being regular ordinary.
Just think of all the ways to say Uberordinary, and you’re bound to come up with a few Alabamans.
What? Why are you all looking at me like that? Did I say something innapropriate? ;P
Extraodinaire...........A reputation speaks louder than words, when someone gives themselves a complement, it usually means that their confidence exceeds their abilities(politicians are good at this).......OOPs I said too much..DMs are important, but in the big O's case its 133ft to the deck it seems to be more of a tech dive which is a whole different ballgame. I would think a tech diver would be more of an extraordinaire on this type of dive..

I charge $300 to get a 200lb copier up a flight of stairs and it takes 15 min to do.
What your paying for is the ability to get the job done without damaging anything as well as getting it done with a minimal amount of lost time.
I think the same can be said about his services. Getting the best bang for the buck is always a good deal.
WELCOME TO THE BOARD.
Fred

Orlando Eric:
While in this area if you tried to get $250 for a DM fee you'd get rode out on a rail...
Eric
It's Free Enterprise, and actually, when you think about it, is a fantastic idea.

Everything is worth exactly what people are willing to pay.

I just paid a plumber $220 for 15 minutes work to clean out a sewer pipe.

The $220 guy showed up less than an hour after I called. I could have had someone for about $75, but he couldn't get there for almost a week.

Expensive? Yes! Worth $220 to keep my basement from filling up with **** for the next week? You bet!

Terry

This thread reminds me of a story told about the old IBM expert who retired, and was called back some time later when a huge mainframe quit working, and none of the younger experts could figure out what was wrong, or what to do to fix it. He came in and told everyone to "hush." He walked around the machine listening to it for awhile, then took a small hammer out of his tool kit and tapped a rack smartly, twice.
The machine came back to life, and the old guy handed his bill for $1200 to the supervisor.
The super said "Uh, Joe, $1200 for that? There's no way a couple of hammer taps is worth $1200."
"OK, lemmee see the bill..."
He made out a new one, and handed the new, itemized bill for $1202 to the super.
Two hammer taps - $2.00
Itemization at super's request - $2.00
Site selection for hammer taps - $1198.00
Rick

I used to do some database consulting, there's an old story in the computer industry, here's the short version:

1) Computers break down.
2) Nobody can fix them.
3) Call a consultant.
4) Consultant comes in, makes a big X on the mainframe and it works fine.
5) Consultant submits a bill for $5,000.
6) Computer center manger complains, "five minutes and all you do in make an x"
7) Consultant says, "You're not paying for the X, your paying for me knowing where it goes."

A trip to the Oriskany for six of us would cost enought that $250 is just noise in the system. If $250 improves the quality of the trip, then it's well worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom