This physically hurts to watch.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but let's be fair, what some of us think sidemount should be..other's don't.

The picture(s) chosen in this video to MY eyes display bad equipment configurations, to others obviously they feel the configuration is correct.

So on those later pictures, their bottles look to be clipped off on the waist, same side, and neck only?

That's different.

Honest question for any PADI tech instructors here. Is that normal? If so, what is the reason behind it?

So on those later pictures, their bottles look to be clipped off on the waist, same side, and neck only?

That's different.

Honest question for any PADI tech instructors here. Is that normal? If so, what is the reason behind it?

Dunno about PADI, but noseclipping used deco bottles isn't uncommon. You can noseclip your deco after your first switch to a higher FO2 so that it's out of the way and you've only got whatever deco gas you're breathing, or going to breath at your next stop on your shoulder, then O2 on a leash. That seems to be a pretty common way to manage multiple deco gases if you're not a right rich left lean kinda guy.

Let's watch the best way to do a sidemount diving, rather than making fun of what others trying to learn. I really like this guy sidemount diving skill. He's like a ballerina :D

The only thing I got from all this is that the person who is filming is very nervous and breathing terribly, and seems to have issues maintaining the horizontal position, torch shall have a cord and all tanks shall be clipped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom