Thread moving by Mods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so, there are too many threads, by locals, in a local forum.....

that might have something to do with the news article satire threads, but others are being shuffled as well, sorry, not cutting it

photohikedive:
so, there are too many threads, by locals, in a local forum.....

that might have something to do with the news article satire threads, but others are being shuffled as well, sorry, not cutting it
Well I'm sorry that you feel that it all has to go the way you want it. Nobody has tried intentionally to spoil your playground in spite of the fact that you appear to believe it's the only Mod game in town. I'm specifically referring to the satire threads. Other threads are a different matter. At present there appears to be some confusion in the Florida forums as different rules and conditions appear to be being applied that don't pertain to the rest of the board. Please be patient...we are trying to address those issues. Just don't expect that everyone will be equally happy with the eventual result whatever it is. You may rest assured though that whatever decisions are made are made in the interests of the entire board - not just because of the wishes of any one group.

photohikedive:
I appreciate this view, but do not think this was the reason the threads were originally moved.

I think this assement is accurate. It seems to many of us that the threads where moved because of a few people "whinning" and nothing was ever mentioned by Mods either in public or via PM as to the reasons that were stated above.

Mostly that it wasn't found funny, or that we were talking too much in the forum. The idea that people from Florida and just over the border talking and joking in a Florida forum, are in the wrong spot....

We had this problem a few months ago. It seems that the MOD's don't like the "panhandle divers" (no matter where they are from) taking up space in "their forum". It seems that posts in this area are "targeted" more often and often unfairly and not equally.

Example is a mod deleted a post I made because it was "off topic" to the discussion. I think they deleted this because of the issues at hand and not for the reason that it was off topic. (meaning I was targeted) I believe that if I had not been involved in this discussion it would have most likely not have happened. If all MOD's treated us "users" equally, then they would have deleted every other off topic post in the threads. I don't mean to disrepect the MOD's by saying this, but the integrity value of all the MOD's goes down when something like this happens..

Please...

no region, much less the panhandle, or user, much less mike_s, is being "targeted" by the Mods. You are assigning motives that simply aren't there.

We are still discussing how to handle these areas. Thanks for your patience.

Man, I can't believe this is still going on.

You've posted your concerns, multiple Mods have come in and tried to explain it to you, but you continue on like a petulant child who hasn't gotten their way. Here's the deal, they ain't gonna put your threads back and any new ones are gonna get moved too. Lots of people have wasted their personal time on providing good answers, if you don't like what they're doing, then don't participate, it really is that simple.

I don't know anybody concerned, therefore, please don't take this personally.

To tell you the truth, I think the photohikedive Daily dive report thread is not that funny. I post in and read many of the threads in the "Humor, Games, Clips, etc." section, and I was a bit upset myself about the insertion of this thread into that section. None of the other threads in that category are like it...they all easily include other posters, and they have a specific reason for being that is stated up front.

The photohikedive Daily dive report is a "blog"-type thread that seems a bit exclusive, and, although I can't comment about other incidents, I think this particular thread should be moved again, away from the Humor section. If people did not get your satire, maybe it was, indeed, too private, too exclusive to a particular group of friends. I mean, isn't that the complaint to begin with? Private jokes are best appreciated as satirical comments within a non-satirical thread, and then only occasionally.

Anyway, just my 2¢...don't mean to be offensive, just freely offering an opinion that is not influenced by moderators or even "panhandlers".

Cheers,
Doug :cheers:

...and I'm not "whinning"...or "whining"...or...what was the question?

Taniwha:
The photohikedive Daily dive report is a "blog"-type thread that seems a bit exclusive, and, although I can't comment about other incidents, I think this particular thread should be moved again, away from the Humor section. Cheers,

The amusing thing about this, is the photohikedive daily dive report, wasn't my thread. It was written by someone who I have only occasionally had the chance to dive with. It wasn't that we are close dive buddies. It is just fortunate that the people from the region are so friendly and accepting, that we can joke and rib each other as if we were good friends.

You are right, it was bloggish, and if it wasn't funny, that is only because Mike is still working on his sense of humor. We are being patient, he tries.

That is part of the confusion. Mike's post, while written with an attempt at humor, was also trying to get reports out of me, about diving in a region he doesn't get to visit as often as he would like. He has to drive hours to get to dives sites that takes me minutes to get to. If that isn't what the local forum is for, I don't know why it exists.

Taniwha:
I don't know anybody concerned, therefore, please don't take this personally.

To tell you the truth, I think the photohikedive Daily dive report thread is not that funny. I post in and read many of the threads in the "Humor, Games, Clips, etc." section, and I was a bit upset myself about the insertion of this thread into that section. None of the other threads in that category are like it...they all easily include other posters, and they have a specific reason for being that is stated up front.

The photohikedive Daily dive report is a "blog"-type thread that seems a bit exclusive, and, although I can't comment about other incidents, I think this particular thread should be moved again, away from the Humor section. If people did not get your satire, maybe it was, indeed, too private, too exclusive to a particular group of friends. I mean, isn't that the complaint to begin with? Private jokes are best appreciated as satirical comments within a non-satirical thread, and then only occasionally.

Anyway, just my 2¢...don't mean to be offensive, just freely offering an opinion that is not influenced by moderators or even "panhandlers".

Cheers,

Doug (Taniwha)

Thank you for your comments. I respect your opinion.

The thread was never intended for the Humor/jokes forum. We didn't intend for it to be moved there. It was originally in the North Florida forum since it pertained to divers and dives there. However it did on it's on take on a humorous side to some of those involved, all in fun. Some people there "didn't like that" and complained. Will it be moved back? I dunno. We are still awaiting NetDocs decission.

Again, thanks for your comments :)

PhotoHikeDive:
It is just fortunate that the people from the region are so friendly and accepting, that we can joke and rib each other as if we were good friends.

Though I've dove with these guys several times, I've gotten to know them a little and found out that they are are all "really good folks". I look forward to my trips down to dive with them again. I do consider them friends even though I don't get to see them that much. I am thankful to know them. Photohikedive has only recently moved to the area this year and I've dove with him a couple times and I have nothing but good things to say about him. He even risked a parking ticket on a recent dive in order to make space for me to park. Seayoda has been nice enough to take me to several "local" dive sites down there for my first dive at that site. I am very gracious for that. Suprbugman has volunteered the same for several sites. All of these people have also taken many other people to many of these sites. We just enjoy all getting together and diving.

For everyone here. I would hope we could all get along with each other. Lets take the "high road" here and just try to be happy. For example, if I don't want to know about Southern California diving and the threads there, I simply just don't read them. It's pretty simple. I'm sure they don't want to know about all the North Florida threads and don't read them unless they want to.

BTW... I would think that us "panhandlers" would all welcome you all to come dive with us. Come on down. you'll have a good time and enjoy the dive.

-Mike

photohikedive:
...That is part of the confusion. Mike's post, while written with an attempt at humor, was also trying to get reports out of me, about diving in a region he doesn't get to visit as often as he would like. He has to drive hours to get to dives sites that takes me minutes to get to. If that isn't what the local forum is for, I don't know why it exists.
This might be causing even more confusion that you realize. The Trips forum is for future dives and the main forum is for dive reports. The last time threads were moved, the report threads were moved to the trip forum. They were asked to be returned to the main forum. Now we have a report thread being asked to be left in the trip forum.
The report thread should be in the main forum in my opinion. It is my opinion also that we should be patient with Mike as he learns to be funny :D.

Back
Top Bottom