Answered: Thread not appearing in "new posts"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drydiver

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I noticed as a regular poster in the thread "Veterans learn to dive for free..." that it does not show up "new posts" only "recent posts." I read back through site support and noticed the explanations given do not maty of my scenarios, so I thought I would post again. For instance, there is a significant time that elapses between posts, which was one of the hypothesis. When the post was newer, it did show up under "new posts" but as people have continued to post over the days, it no longer shows.

Any help in increasing visibility would be appreciated, thanks!
Donna

HI Donna,

I usually don't notice threads in Feedback, since it's not in site support, which is what I think you're after?

New Posts will only show you 'Posts with new unread messages' whereas "recent posts" will show you all of the most recent posts on the site. So if you're following a thread, and someone hasn't made a new post since the last post, then it won't appear in new posts. Recent posts is unfiltered by whether or not you've read them.

I hope this explains it for you.

Hi Howard,

I never posted one of these before, now I know where to more quickly harass you :).

I get what you are saying, however, it doesn't seem to be following that logic. For the first couple of days, whenever I posted, I noticed the thread floated to the top of new posts. After a couple of days, although there were new posts, it didn't show up there.

I had no clue the "recent posts" link even existed. It wasn't until I searched and found others with similar questions and I went there and was relieved it was showing up somewhere.

The "Recent Posts" existed, just not as prominently as it does now. I added that to the top nav so that is was easier to find, since people want it over the functionality of new posts.

The "Recent Posts" existed, just not as prominently as it does now. I added that to the top nav so that is was easier to find, since people want it over the functionality of new posts.

"recent posts" produces the same results as "new posts". To see my recent posts, I have to log out.

And now it seems to be working!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom