Three bombs in Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ufff...good news.
Another small piece of good news that all Polish guys working in Planet Divers are OK - we contacted them to check.
And all my friends are also OK, nobody was in Dahab at this time. I havecalled almost half of Egypt tonight although it was not easy - the lines were jammed

I hate these guys that did it. I'm ready to kill them

mania

Our Thoughts And Condolences Go To All People And Families Affected In Dahab, Egypt Off The Coast Of Sinai, Red Sea

There Are A Lot Of Dive Shops And Centres There, And News Reports Some Of The Divemasters And Instructors There Provided Much Help And Support In First Aid. I Congratulate Them For Their Acts Of Care And Bravery.

Red Sea Is Such A Beautiful Dive Region, And I Hate To See It Become "red" By All These Acts Of Murder.

My deepest condolences to the families and friends of those murdered. And prayers for a full and speedy recovery to those hurt. RSS, RSD---I'm sure relieved that you weren't there.
We can't let these beasts get to us and stop us from living our lives in the way we choose---I'm coming to dive in Dahab as soon as I can---for sure in September, and hopefully sooner. After all, these tragedies never stop me from going to Jerusalem. My heart is with my *cousins* in Egypt.
Barbara

scubafreaky:
Acts like these against innocent people are dispicable...my heart goes out to the families of the deceased and the injured.

Now my dilema...I am supposed to leave on Saturday for Eg. to do the sights and dive. I am taking my young son with me and my wife. No I do not know what to do...and am on the fence. If anyone has any thoughts on this I sure would appreciate them.

I fly to Sharm on Thursday for my honeymoon.....these murdering scum wont stop me.

And this is proper attitude. We can't let these scumbags frighten us.
We have to show them that we are not afraid. otherwise they win.
Mania

I met my wife in Dahab and in Dahab I learned to dive.

I arrived to Dahab with my heart broken after a collection of cold winters in Europe. Dahab open their arms to me, to my future, to the option of a future, the the infinite depth of the Red Sea.

I was happy in Dahab, in Dahab I learned the simple pleasures of life, I learned that the dessert brings peace and in Dahab I made some of the most honest friends I ever met.

Last night, my friends in Dahab, the Bedouins and all workers in Dahab were attacked by a bombs that destroyed the pefect balance of a place like no other.

When I left Dahab, someone told me that I could find places similars around the world, I travel to Thailand searching for another Dahab... but it was impossible. Dahab was only one, and today... it will never be the same.

I just hanged the phone after making a quick called to my ex dive center. Everyone is ok, the bomb was just 30 meters, in the same place where I had icecream with wife, where I went with divemasters and instructors, where I had my first lunch the day that I became an open water diver.

Dahab is now cover in blood.... what's next?

[FONT=&quot]I have been to Dahab many many times. Some of my best dives were in some of Dahab's dive sites. It is sad that after 10 + years of diving in Dahab, and Sharm these places are no longer safe for tourists AND locals.

My condolences to all the families[/FONT]

bubblemonkey:
I fly to Sharm on Thursday for my honeymoon.....these murdering scum wont stop me.

We are still going...leave Saturday.

Have fun on your honeymoon.

That such a relaxed and friendly area should be targetted pissed me off no end. So far all but one of the ppl I know in Dahab is OK - hopefully I will hear soon... till then I will continue to hope that all is well.
P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom