Three bombs in Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Living our lives as we wish is one way of fighting terrorism. Better, however, would be for all decent people to work together to identify the terrorists and neutralize them. They must be somewhere. And someone must know who they are.

This makes me so sad. I also learned to dive in Dahab-- did OW & AOW there a couple years ago. The only reason I even found myself there in the first place is because of a conversation I had with a guy when I was living in China. This fellow had been lucky enough to see many many many places in the world in his life, and I asked him if he had a favorite. Without hesitating he said Dahab and told me some stories about what it was like there years ago. So later I found myself living in europe, and picked up a cheap RT ticket to Cairo for about $200. I took a two week holiday, spent three exhausting days in Cairo and planned to travel further up the Nile when I remembered this guy's stories. So I got a bus ticket and off I went to the sinai. I recall the sand blowing so hard at some points during the ride I couldn't even see the road below the bus as I looked out the window. I had no thoughts about diving prior to going there, but seated next to me on the bus was a scuba instructor. Of course when we got to Dahab he became MY scuba instructor. Now all I want to do is dive. These types of attacks are just sick, and even more so for being so pointless. As an american I grew up with the vague notion that things were more chaotic "out there" and it didn't really mean anything to me after a while to read about another bomb in northern Ireland or Israel or.... Then they blew up a truck outside the Sari Club in Bali not long after I'd been sat there drinking a beer, and it finally struck home for me. The shock of reading the headlines is worse when you can illustrate them with your own memories I think. My heart goes out to all the good people in Egypt.

hello everybody
this is Tariq Tharwat the Manager of Red Sea Rangers our front office was right in front of the first bomb and we were there to help people
what I want to say as a message from Dahab people to the whole world is:
We are here.. We are strong .. and will Keep working hard and having fun... if we stop it would be surrendering to those terrorists and those who will surrender are just supporting the terrorists not us!!!!!
thats it
Tariq
www.redsea-rangers.com

the final number of dead is 23 and 20 of them are egyptian ! the injured are about 80and the terrorists were targeting Egyptian in their holiday and the independancy day of Sinai....
the first bomb was right in front of my office and thank God noone of my team is hurt but of course we are sad for what happened to others... and those who we were carring and helping!
those terrorists are the enemies and the best way to face them is to show them that we are not scared.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay safe.

Tariq, I'm glad to hear your attitude.

We're one American family who's still planning to be in Dahab in July. Like others have mentioned... if we didn't go, we'd just be letting them win.

--Marek

Just wanted to express my condolences for those impacted by the blasts and share my respect for those of you not altering your plans to visit.

Don't let them win.

Back
Top Bottom