Three dead and one in recompression chamber in Italy, Tuscany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked at those when I first go interested, because they are cheap - but I discovered several reasons why they suck. The first one is mentioned in the video: "Watch the disc for 5 to 10 minutes." My first CO test unit was accurate but took 3 minutes per tank - hated that. There are other reasons to not use them and their own site cautions that it's not accurate.

I looked at those when I first go interested, because they are cheap - but I discovered several reasons why they suck. The first one is mentioned in the video: "Watch the disc for 5 to 10 minutes." My first CO test unit was accurate but took 3 minutes per tank - hated that. There are other reasons to not use them and their own site cautions that it's not accurate.

The advantage over an electronic CO Monitor is that these cards are simple and cheap (less to go wrong and more reliable than electronics and CO Sensors).

an update which is already old as i missed this article when it came out (Dec 29th).

Sub morti alle Formiche, gli indagati sono quattro - Cronaca - il Tirreno

Short version is that there are now 4 persons involved in the investigation.

The diving owner, his collaborator (who filled the tanks), the wife of the owner and the company owned by the two.

The company and the wife are now under investigation because of violations of work law and security standards.
The collaborator had no contract and no preparation to do the job he was doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom