Three old goats....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
....had a good time today. Two of them learned of the golf ball game. One got his mask removed UW a couple of times. John learned a few things and even made a concrete block neutrally bouyant. Even found the brass key, he did. One old goat watched the other two sink into the deep dark abyss of Joe's quarry, but they did stay on course and eventually returned to the light of day.

All in all a fun day.

You know, we ought to develope that into more of an actual game of UW golf somehow. I know the basic activity works well as used in the pool or as we used yesterday but it might be possible to make it more "interesting":D

Can you imagine playing 18 holes at Joe's:D

I have a 9th hole pin and flag, I think I'll sink it out there at Joe's.
Could be FUN!

It was a real pleasure diving with the Grand Master of bouyancy control!

Jim, I had a great time yesterday and learned a few things as well. Could'nt ask for much more than that. It was challenging at times but allot of fun. The golf ball game is great fun anybody would enjoy it.

Chris, thanks again for coming along it made things a little easier. I do appreciate it.

Two dives down and four to go! :D

Maybe we could start with 9 1 quart paint cans, lay out a course with designated starting point and to tee off you retrieve a specific ball(maybe color coded would be best) and swim either by visual siting or by compass to the first "hole" and attempt to drop the golf ball in the can from 3 feet above the can. That sounds kind of challenging especially finding a one quart can in Joe's:D

jpsexton:
Two dives down and four to go! :D
Maybe four to go, might be 6:D Plus I get to include a few "scenarios" of interest along the way to keep it interesting:D

BTW don't forget the knots and the concept of rigging things. We don't want things to get too interesting.:wink:

Land Locked:
..... Grand Master of bouyancy control!
Not yesterday, way sloppy I was IMO. Especially the gear adjustment UW. That was pathetic on my part. I guess I need to brush up on that a bit more.

Sounds like I missed one heck of a day. Bouyancy and golf. Only played nine holes of regular golf in my life but I think I get the jest of UW golf. This could be something that could be set up and taken with you.

JP, it sounds like you are getting you monies worth. I totally hated my AOW class. It was such a joke. When I take rescue it will be through another shop. I really want to be run through the mill.

Land Locked:
It was a real pleasure diving with the Grand Master of bouyancy control!

Grasshopper has learned well. :D :D :D

Chad

Back
Top Bottom