time in the pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuberd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
On the way back from a basic class (I'm a TA) I relized something. I have now spent more time in the pool as an instructor (ok, ok assistant instructor) than a student. I guess it doesn't mean anything just an observation.

It means you're better than ever...
Now, let me ask you this - do you feel you learned more in your pool sessions as a student, or that you've learned more in your pool sessions teaching?
Rick :)

I dive every weekend in a pool whenever I can't go OW. I think the "fooling around" every week in the pool has been extremely valuable. We do a lot of the "harrasment" training (see other thread) and simulate almost every scenario we can think of.

Iwould have to say that I have learned more as a teacher because I did almost ZERO pool work when getting certified, all the pool stuff was done in a shallow protected area off of Maui

scuberd- " I would have to say that I have learned more as a teacher because I did almost ZERO pool work when getting certified, all the pool stuff was done in a shallow protected area off of Maui "

You're not alone, my CW was the Altanic ocean! In fact the only time I've been in a pool was for my drysuit class.

Originally posted by Kaffphine

You're not alone, my CW was the Altanic ocean! In fact the only time I've been in a pool was for my drysuit class.

I've never dove in a pool either....it doesn't bother me though. I definately had the time to learn the skills I needed, and I got the extra experience of doing a boat dive (things like putting gear together on a moving boat, etc...)right from the start. Our sessions weren't rushed in the least, and we were given plenty of "play" time.

Back
Top Bottom