Time limits for Dive Masters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
On the other hand what's the hurry? They're pushing divers from beginner to instructor so fast that I can't tell the difference between them.

I certainly cannot disagree with you there Mike. To start the instructor course I'm in you need 75 dives. I did 75+ dives on my last trip to Maui.

The 15 minute tread w/ last 2 minutes no hands would be the toughest for me.

I'm not very buoyant. I sink unless I hold a full breath. Are you allowed to where a wetsuit ?

B.R.A.G. comes up pretty soon.

And no, wearing your scuba gear while cycling does not count towards the required number of dives for DM certification!

However, if you do a dive while riding your bicycle, I'm sure you can talk to someone about making that into a new Specialty. :wink:

Welcome to the board, mon! :thumb:

stupid question here, but here goes...
is the swims and treads with or with out fins? i guess with snorkel there it realy was stupid, will check my post next time.

The 400 yd/meter swim is without mask/fins/snorkel. You can do any stroke you like, as long as you do not stop once you have started.

The 800 yr/meter swim is mask/fins/snorkel. Again, non-stop.

No gear for the tread.

Exposure protection is not allowed unless you are also weighted to be neutral.

can the swims be done in a pool or must they be in an open water area?

I did mine in a pool. I'd rather do the float in the ocean since it's easier and they would probably let you use a 3 mil shortie in the islands.

Good luck.

BFM, I have it on VERY good authority that you may well undeed do the swim in a pool, you just go back and forth until you reach your distances, and you should be in water deeper than you can stand up in. I think thats how it was put. Also, if you are positively boutant, such as myself, fat weighs less than muscle, then all you have to do is keep those hands out of the water, you can keep the arms in the water so as not to weigh you down. Thanks Submariner, and of course I am looking forward to BRAG (The Bike Ride Across Georgia), who would want to miss 350+ miles of bicycling the June Goergia sun? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom