Timex helix user help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpmermaid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, I've read and re-read that crazy little book, and it is making me nuts. I have only had the watch out twice, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how this works. Attempt 1 - I forgot to put it into dive mode. Attempt 2 - I tried using it in dive mode, and on the dive, I see it register temp, depth, and I see the time running, but am I supposed to do something when I get back to the surface to stop it timing? What is up with "At Surf Cont" and "At Surf Pause?"

kelpmermaid:
Okay, I've read and re-read that crazy little book, and it is making me nuts. I have only had the watch out twice, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how this works. Attempt 1 - I forgot to put it into dive mode. Attempt 2 - I tried using it in dive mode, and on the dive, I see it register temp, depth, and I see the time running, but am I supposed to do something when I get back to the surface to stop it timing? What is up with "At Surf Cont" and "At Surf Pause?"

YOU DIDN'T EAT IT DID YOU??? I KNOW IT SAYS SPECIFICALLY IN THE MANUAL NOT TO EAT IT! LOL

I think the "at surf cont" means to continue timing at the surface ans "at surface pause" to pause and wait for you to prompt it as to what to do. I have the same problem with mine. It activates fine after 5fsw, but I have to manually stop it. If you figure it out, please post and we'll all be a little smarter :)

Mike

I think when set at surface pause, it will stop timing when you get above 5ft. it will resume timing when you resubmerge below 5ft. At least thats what I got from the manual. I haven't dove mine yet, but plan to in the near future.
Take a look at the manual online http://www.timex.com/instructions/Helix.pd, I find it easier to use than that humorous little book.

kelpmermaid:

Use the "AT SURF PAUSE" mode; then it will stop when you surface at the end of a dive. However, what I don't remember (I haven't been diving for 7 months.) is what happens upon resubmerging. In any case, recognize that the pressure (depth) sensor sucks up power from the battery, so it may be desirable to exit the diving mode between dives.

"At surface pause" stops the dive timer when you reach the surface. "...continue" keeps it going. I use mine in the "pause" mode as a quick confirmation of total dive time. I reset once I've logged the time, prior to my next dive.

Back
Top Bottom