Tipping at the Tank Drive Thru?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ljwillia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We leave on Saturday. YAY! We intend to shore dive only. I've searched the forum for tipping but can't find anything about the tank handlers.

Do folks tip, not tip? How much?

Thanks!

We didn't, but we we're loading and unloading the tanks ourselves. I suppose it they were doing it for you a tip might be nice but I don't think it's expected. Honestly no idea if they even will do that for you, seemed busy refilling tanks. This was at the BuddyDive station.

Which drive through? Dive friends? Buddy? At DFB, we use the drive through at Hamlet, you get your own tanks there, so nobody to tip. Tipping isn't common there anyway.

We've only been there twice but my wife and I are the only ones who have ever put tanks into, or taken them out, of our truck so there was no one to tip

We use DFB/Oasis. There was only one person there most days, and they were usually busy doing stuff and not in the tank shed when we picked up tanks.

They had a tip box on the counter and I put $ in it at the end of the trip.

Pixies didn't put those full tanks in the shed or spirit the empties away for refilling (and do all the other stuff around the shop that makes it usable) so I felt they had earned it.

Thanks folks! Appreciate the input!

@DustyC we're staying at Buddy Dive.

I rent 2 aluminum 80 side mount tanks for light deco dives from Buddy's....32% they have banked....I usually tip the guys at the Buddy drive through $1 per tank for those tanks because they do a great job of getting me filled and on on my way....

I rent 2 aluminum 80 side mount tanks for light deco dives from Buddy's....32% they have banked....I usually tip the guys at the Buddy drive through $1 per tank for those tanks because they do a great job of getting me filled and on on my way....
Your mention of sidemount tanks piqued my interest. Is Buddy's unlimited sidemount option really cost twice the unlimited single tank option?
A la carte diving prices Bonaire - Buddy Dive Resort

I thought the model was load however many tanks you'll need in the truck. Seems that cylinder count and total gas is mostly the same number either way? Unless sidemount folk dive longer or deeper in total for the day. If the sidemount option is that they fill the tank as you wait, do they do small sidemount tanks?

I'm not sure....I buy as unlimited nitrox shore diving package and then pay an additional $20 a day for the side mount tanks...$10 a day for each tank....they don't charge me for the 32% I use in the side mount tanks as I have already paid for unlimited nitrox through the unlimited short diving package....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom