Tipping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think there are some good points made here and some stuff said here that gives cause for concern. We always avail ourselves to the customer, but when it come to setting up their gear, I always let them take a crack at it first, mainly because it tells me a lot of what I need to know, but I don't just pick up a mag and shut them out. once I realize they are rusty, Gently step in and help out. everything I do as a dive professional I do to the best of my ability, that is what I get paid for, providing excellent customer service, from pick up to drop offs, that's the job. For those who think they are deserving of a tip because you picked a nice dive site, found the best critters all through the dive, and was very photographer friendly, ok, here is the tip you so rightly deserve,"its your job, do it anyway you want to, how long you have that job, or even that dive op is totally up to you, but I can assure you one thing, the moment you start doing less because the last group didn't tip you is the moment you decide you don't want to be a dive professional anymore." be thankful for the tips you do get and be glad you get a pay check for the one who didn't tip. there are plenty people who work a lot harder than we do and they never ever get tips. "never!" for me its not a job, it is something I love to do that get paid for. just my 2 cents worth.

I think there are some good points made here and some stuff said here that gives cause for concern. We always avail ourselves to the customer, but when it come to setting up their gear, I always let them take a crack at it first, mainly because it tells me a lot of what I need to know, but I don't just pick up a mag and shut them out. once I realize they are rusty, Gently step in and help out. everything I do as a dive professional I do to the best of my ability, that is what I get paid for, providing excellent customer service, from pick up to drop offs, that's the job. For those who think they are deserving of a tip because you picked a nice dive site, found the best critters all through the dive, and was very photographer friendly, ok, here is the tip you so rightly deserve,"its your job, do it anyway you want to, how long you have that job, or even that dive op is totally up to you, but I can assure you one thing, the moment you start doing less because the last group didn't tip you is the moment you decide you don't want to be a dive professional anymore." be thankful for the tips you do get and be glad you get a pay check for the one who didn't tip. there are plenty people who work a lot harder than we do and they never ever get tips. "never!" for me its not a job, it is something I love to do that get paid for. just my 2 cents worth.

Beautifully said :) I feel the exact same way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom