Tips and tricks for HERO3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I stopped the test because I was getting bored and the camera wasn't near dying. Here are the results:
GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition.
46-54 degrees F
0.8ft depth
1440p 30fps protune mode

.8 foot depth...............thanks for the hard burst of laughter as I almost shot beer out my nose.

call my cookware Calphalon, as it ROCKS for high quality non-stick, bought this set 3-4 months ago and LOVE IT............haven't tried the .8 foot depth test with it though...........I'm sure their PR department would add our testing to their next marketing campaign.........grins.

Calphalon Unison Non-Stick 10-Piece Set Cookware and Open Stock - Bed Bath & Beyond&

OK, Hero 3 in hand and I am ready to enter the learning curve.

I am NOT video literate. Been still shooting for many years, though. I need cheap and user friendly advice on editing program. How about SUPER user friendly entry level stuff. If there is too much technical talk...my mind gets numb!

99.9% of video editing software packages today are made specifically for anyone with little skills. It guides you through process and even with minimal editing its as simple as clicking 3 times to get video loaded, clipped and saved

OK, Hero 3 in hand and I am ready to enter the learning curve.

I am NOT video literate. Been still shooting for many years, though. I need cheap and user friendly advice on editing program. How about SUPER user friendly entry level stuff. If there is too much technical talk...my mind gets numb!

If your ultimate goal is to upload stuff to YouTube, their video editor is decent enough to crop, combine, correct brightness, saturation, etc. Just upload the clips and look for a link for their editor. That's the simplest, most user friendly and easy to get to option.

I just got my GoPro Black 3. This is my first UW camera. I am looking forward to my first dive in Monterey CA with the camera and sharing videos with friends and family. Any suggestions about filtering (red ?) and mounting ? I am going to try to mount it to the top of my dive light and diffuse the light a little. I am using the stock camera and housing. No special lenses or housing. I am a point-and-shoot guy so I don't really understand speed and density but I am sure I will learn over time.

I am open to any suggestions ... just don't get too technical ;-)

nharring, here is a topic from someone that is on the same boat as you with a brand new H3 - not literally, maybe it will give you some ideas on the mounting options: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/440371-gopro-hero3-black-startup-setup.html

on filters, there aren't many options out for the H3 yet from the people that manufactured them for the H2... Backscatter doesn't have anything out, SPR recently released a snap-on with a 55mm thread at a $80 price range, PolarPro has filters that require you to mess with the housing flat port seal :)no::nailbiter:) at a $15 price range.

Back
Top Bottom