Tire Inflator with Gauge to connect to tank or LPI/BCI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebecca Hatherley

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a tire inflator that has a gauge built in that I can connect to my tank to inflate my tires.

I dive every weekend and I must deflate my tires to get past a sand dune and then inflate them. It takes too long to use a small tire air compressor. I have a tire inflator connector, but then I have to keep checking if my tire is inflated to the correct PSI.

If it doesn't exist, any ideas on how to make one?

Thank you,
Rebecca

There are air chucks that will connect to a low pressure inflator hose but not sure if there is one with a gauge. A regular tire gauge would work though. Not sure where you live but Marine Sports Mfg out of Florida supplies many of the miscelaneous scuba accesories carried in Florida dive shops and on page 25 is an example of an air chuck that would fill a tire. http://www.marinesportsmfg.com/images/msm_catalog.pdf

Just get an automotive tire inflator from an auto parts store or any place that sells compressor accesories that has an integral gauge, and buy a LPI air tool fitting to replace the standard compressor fitting...

DGX Adapter: 1/4-Inch NPT Male = BC Inflator QD Post

Trient makes one. You can get it through almost any scuba shop, online or other. Google it and you will have a source in seconds. They are very cheap.

Curious how deflated tires let you get past a sand dune?

I already have a tire inflator that attaches to my scuba tank. I already have a gauge to check my tire pressure.

What I am looking for is a tool where they are both integrated together. If this gadget doesn't exist, perhaps someone knows how to put the two together and I can make one as well.

We often have many cars going around the sand dunes, so lots of deflated tires, which means a long time inflating all the tires. I am looking to save time.

Thanks for all of of your suggestions. :)

Note: I live in the Middle East, hence the sand dunes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom