Tired of Diving? Are you still in love with the sport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man,still loving it!!!

I never get tired of spending time in the water! However, my dad was an instructor, taking classes out from the dive shop he co-owned, and also teaching scuba at the community college. It got to the point that the only diving he did was with students, and he did get burned out. The best way to stay interested in it is to get a LOT of variety in your dives, and as an instructor, take some time for yourself to get away from students!

I'm trying to decide if I am a vacation only diver right now or not. I really enjoyed diving in Cozumel, but since getting back and diving the local mud puddles, I haven't had as much enjoyment. But just getting started really, so only time will tell.

diversjobs:
Some time after a while... simply stop diving... and the love is gone.

Are you still enjoy it as much as the first time?

I've been diving less than a year, so heck no I'm not tired of it. However I doubt I will get tired of it! I love the UW critters, and always have.

44 years of diving and it's even more intense now than at the beginning. Underwater video has helped add excitement, but I love the stress-free environment and the sense of awe! I just wish I could find a relationship that went as well!

diversjobs:

Actually no, after 20 years of diving I've hung up my gear and moving on. My last dive was a year ago and I have no desire to hit the water again.

I'm going to hang onto my gear for another year and after that time, if I haven't made another dive, it's all for sale.

15 years and I spend way too much time thinking about my next dive trip. Do have an itch for new places though.

diversjobs:

Well, I got OW certified in March 2001 ... became an instructor in May 2004 ... logged my 1,300th dive last week, and celebrated the occasion by doing another dive ... :D

Yup, I enjoy diving as much today (if not more so) as I did when I first got certified. I can't imagine life without diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom