Tired of Diving? Are you still in love with the sport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the people, the gear, the locations, the work to improve skills, the weightless feeling, the stuff I see, and the way diving relaxes me.

I like going to warm, tropical locations to dive occasionally - for the change, but, frankly, they are not as fun for me as the cold local waters. The diving is more intense here, like the difference between riding a merry-go-round and the Tower of Death ride. Both are fun in their own way, but I get bored of the merry-go-round after a while. I never get bored diving the Pacific North West.

The instructors I know rarely dive for "fun" anymore, and I heed that warning. But I do enjoy increasing my education in diving.

I enjoy diving with new divers and seeing the freshness they enjoy, and helping when I can (and they ask).

I enjoy diving with divers better than me that mentor me without even knowing it sometimes. They help me to see the potential in my own diving future, which keeps me interested.

I like learning something new on Scuba board, and then going out and trying to apply it.

Maybe some divers have seen it all, done it all, know it all. If that was me, I'd be bored, too. But there is so much room in my diving future, that I guess I need a few thousand more dives before I get there.

I think I'd dive a dirty hoof print if I could get my mask down into it.

sometimes I get a little blaise' about diving then I have a night dive like last night and I'm firing on all cylinders again. I keep trying new things and that keeps me going as well.

30 years and still enjoy diving whatever puddle I can get into. Kids and wife now dive so that adds to the enjoyment

I'm still new at being certified for just over 2 years and this year I've already surpassed the amount of dives I did last year. I look forward to every weekend of diving and in between dives, I dream about diving. I call surf reports and check water levels on weekdays that I'm not diving just to know conditions :) ScubaBoard has helped keep my interest growing I think, its definately kept me in the water more often by providing me buddies. My local buddies who certified with me rarely go anymore.

Firebrand:
Yet you continue to hang out at a diver's forum...interesting.

I still post at a paintball website, haven't played in 3+ years. Haven't you developed a sort of friendship with certain people online?

OOOOOOOOOOOO, YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA
Always man it is one of the single best rushes. that and skydiving

I like diving, dislike cleaning the gear.........with all my sports actually.

I'm at 5,580 dives right now, do I still like it? Well, my wife took an older couple out on the boat today (she was their OW instructor, and they're comfortable with her) so I "volunteered" to come along as an assistant, but she made me stay in the shop and balance the bank statement, send off some email, etc. So I was kind of disappointed, ha ha. Often doing the same dives, especially the shallow intro dives at the beach isn't terribly exciting, but it beats work! (oh....that IS my job, now that I think of it.)

But when I don't have any diving "work" to do, I really love to get out by myself and dive for fun....maybe a different site, or an unusual direction, or deeper than I go with customers....just something to make it a dive just for ME, rather than the usual, where the goal is to make it as enjoyable as possible for the customers.

I'm well over 200 dives so far this year and still love it. This is on top of 30 years of diving.

Last nights dive was for one hour and 40 minutes. This is getting to be a pretty typical length dive for me these days...

I like diving because all there is for me during a dive is "now".
I like diving because I get to escape the pull of gravity.
I like diving because there´s always room for improvement.
I like diving because most divers are great people and I can ignore the ones who aren´t.
I like diving because there is always something to work on to become a better diver.
I like diving because even a bad dive is better than most other things I could be doing.

That´s why I still like it...I´ve only been diving for 5 years so who knows...maybe I´ll find something to replace diving...somehow I doubt it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom