Tissue Compartment gas loading and NDL calculator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fixed a problem switching to the main1 gas on ascents and made the following changes:

1. Changed GFHi limit from 100% to 120%.
2. Added yellow and red alerts for low ppO2.
3. Added a helium HT multiplier in deco common.
4. Added display of half-times on the DIVE sheet.
5. Added the TT (ICD) column to the dive data. This data gives the DCS risk for isobaric counterdiffusion.

The latest version is: dive_022518_v21_0.xls.

Last edited:
I added the ability to switch from the main1 gas to the main2 gas on descents based on MOD. I also added a GF column which will show the gradient factor for each dive segment. Although the spreadsheet has many features that support technical dives, the sheet can be set up to show data for recreational dives. Check it out. This is version 22.0.

Download dive_022618_v22_0.xls

Last edited:
This is version 22.1. I fixed a problem that switched to the main2 gas when the %O2 was zero. I also added and cleaned up the comments on the dive_help sheet and in the VB code.

If Excel crashed when you make a selection in the common or deco common rows do the following:

1. open the ss and press alt-F8. This opens up the VB editor.
2. select calc_press from the left window .
3. click on edit in the right window.
4. double click on sheet2 (DIVE) in the left window. This opens up the sheet2 VB module.
5. In the right window click inside the parenthesis of the if (true) then statement and change the true to false.
6. save the file and close the VB editor.

This change will prevent the DIVE sheet from recognizing cells whose values have changed so you will not get a notice to recalculate, but the ss will work without crashing.If you're interested in the VB code do the steps 1-3. This opens the VB editor.

Attachments

• dive_022818_v22_1.xls
    682.5 KB · Views: 88
First time I came across this spreadsheet; downloaded it; crashed (stack overflow) as soon as I tried to change a "show profile" setting. Managed to follow the instructions (with several misimplementations before I got it right); changed True to False in the Calc_Press VB macro, and sure enough it works. Will take me several hours I'm sure to read and understand and try it. Nevertheless, it helps me to understand things to create or use a model like this and see what happens. Thanks for sharing. [Excel 2016; Windows 10; 16GB RAM]

This is version 23.0. I added a minimum first stop time to the deco common. You can select 1, 2, or 3 minutes. I removed the helium half-time multiplier from the deco common and put it in the program constants. I also added a nitrogen half-time multiplier to program constants. I took it out of the deco common because most divers won't need to change the ht's. I changed the order of data on the ss, grouping the data where it makes more sense.

dive_030318_v23_0.xls

This is version 23.1. I fixed a problem with deco dives on fresh water not showing correct deco. I created another subroutine to initialize data. The a/b and half-time arrays are initialized once now. The ss should run much faster. For those of you whose ss crashes when you change a parameter from a drop down box you will need to change the true to a false within the sheet 2 VB code. See the instructions in an earlier post.

dive_030618_v23_1.xls

This is version 24.0. Here are the changes:

1. The calculation for the ceiling was not using the correct helium a/b coefficients. Fixed.
2. The CNS %O2 decay was not being calculated correctly. Fixed.
3. The total CNS %O2 for the profile is now shown in the last segment of each profile.
4. The CNS %O2 decay total is now shown next to the Use GF from GF sheet at the top of the dive sheet.
5. Added enable events to the DIVE sheet VB code. This should prevent Excel from crashing when changing data. If it doesn't see the fix in an earlier post in this thread.
6. Added a N2 and He on and offgassing rate constant to calculate TC pressures using a linear rate instead of the default Schreiner exponential rate.
7. made some minor changes to the DIVE sheet.

dive_040318_v24_0.xls

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom