TLS SE 350 Versus CNSE ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tangfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone offer me any advice on buying my first drysuit? I'm a tropical diver trying to get wet up here in the PNW cold waters, and using a 7mm farmer john is just not cutting it. I'm trying to decide between the DUI TLS SE 350 and the CNSE.....Do any of you have experience with these suits? What kind of advantages/disadvantages do each offer? Also, I'm pretty turned off by the price (but still willing to pay it if its the best option), what do you think about using a semi-dry like the Mares Isotherm, or am I just crazy, being as it is that I dislike the cold to begin with. Some people said the Isotherm is great, but I don't know how deep they're going or for how long.

Also, my LDS is offering me the TLS SE for $900 and the CNSE for $1060, is this a good deal or should I look elsewhere? Any advice on other shops to go to in the Seattle area?

I guess those suits are not custom sized are they? that seems very cheap. Is your dealer willing to sell (and ship) to Canada?

I priced out a few DUI suits from Dan's Dive Shop in Canada and everything was over 2200 Canadian bucks with the top end suit close to 3k. ouch. even with the exchange and such $900 seems very cheap.

Yeah, those suits are the stock sizes and include the rock shoes, and those are the prices the LDS is willing to give me in USD. They have their retail prices, and then prices that they give to you if you are either a repeat customer or good at haggling (i'm both). I just noticed that you live in Richmond, I actually live there part time, around #1 rd and Westminster hwy. Its only 2 hours drive down to here, if you guys are going to make that much of an investment then I'd consider the drive, also I don't think you'd have to pay sales tax. Anyway, since we're in the same boat (pardon the pun), lets see if we can't help each other out with what to do here. I know that I could get the price down even further if we were buying them together. If you know of any times and places to try some of these suits on in Van then let me know.

I love my TLS-350. I've had it for eight years and it's as good as new. I've had the seals replaced a couple of times, once due to user error. The advantage of the TLS is that it is light and dries quickly. This is important if you travel with it. The crushed neoprene suits are very heavy and take a long time to dry, but are very durable. If you are into wreck penetrations, then go for the CN, if not, IMHO, you should buy the TLS.

As for prices, remember that the mark up on these suits is 100%, so you have a lot of room to haggle. DUI dealers are limited in how much of a discount they can give you and still keep the franchise, but you can always get the drysuit class, undies, etc. thrown in for free or a deep discount.

Being cold is highly over-rated!

I sent you a private email Funky. have a read. :)

Anyone else interested in buying a DUI suit? maybe we can get even more of a discount if we hit them with a half dozen order or something? We have 3 so far.

Hey LChan, I notice that you're from California, so would you like to have it shipped to you or how would you like to get the suit? The shop we're potentially dealing with is here in the Seattle area.

I buoght my TLS350SE from Aquatech Dive Cener in San Diego. You can find them at DiveUS.com . I paid around $870 (American) for the suit. For an extra $150 for the "Sport package" they will add pockets and a hood. Give them about a week if you go with the sport package to get it from DUI or they mormally have the suit in the store ready for shipping in 24 hours.

As far as the suit itself, I like it. You do need someone to zip/unzip for you but that is the only drawback. Make sure you know what size you wear as they tend to be a little larger than the front entry suits. I am 6', 185lbs and the large fits me a little loose in the legs and waist, but not enough to be a problem.

defently the DUI TLS, self entry. I didnt get the zip seals, long story. But i am very happy with it. It will take a few dives to get used to the squeeze.

My 2 cents

DiveSafe
Dan

The suit is actually the SE model. It is rear entry, no suspenders.. pretty bare boned, but it's a DUI.

Does that waste adjustment option replace the suspenders maybe? I wonder if its possible to add suspenders to it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom