To log or not to log... pool dives (noob Q)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mruseless

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Kind of a funny, noob-ish question.
I've got 84 dives, and I recently purchased some new equipment. I'm in Colorado, so other than cold crappy reservoir diving, there isn't much around. So I'm going to get in a local pool to go over my new gear, review skills, and try to learn that stupid back-kick that's been the bane of my diving existence :D.

So, if you were me, or even if you were you, do you log those dives? Or doesn't it count since its not a "real dive"?

Some do, most don't. Bottom line- it's YOUR log so you get to choose!

I usually don't unless it's a training session I may need to document later.

I personally wouldn't log dives that were done in a pool, dunno why, just wouldn't feel like a 'real dive' like you have said. I mean if I went into a pool to practice a skill or check out new equipment I would describe how it went in my log book but not add it to my dive total.

But yea, its your log book and you can do what you like with it. So if you want to log your pool dives, go for it :)

whatever my computer logs, I log!

I never log pool dives. For that matter I don't even log all open water dives. But hey it is your log, log whatever you want!

no don't long them

How come? I think a log book is a personal thing so interested to hear your reasons why people shouldn't be able to put what they like in a log book...

If you log it, don't number it.

That's what I do.

If you went in the pool and sorted out an issue it's important to capture the solution.

You might be fine tuning weight placement for a particular wetsuit for instance. Months latter what went where may be fuzzy.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom