Top 5 Best Dive Sites in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwilbur80

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
I'm heading to Bonaire for a week in December at Buddy Dive. Does anyone have a recommendation for their top 5 favorite dive sites? I'll be doing a combination of shore and boat diving so all recommendations are welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Jeremy

Here's a couple I really like.

Angel City - fabulous dive where the double reef comes together.
Hilma Hooker - It's a really nice, easy shipwreck dive.
Bari Reef - really wide variety of fish all along this section. At the south end there's a cool little shipwreck at 90 feet if you want to go find it.

When diving off the boat, be sure to go over to Klein Bonaire - almost anyplace over on Klein is worth doing.

Oil Slick Leap is a nice dive and the big giant stride entry is neat.

Karpata seems to be well thought of by many.

1,000 Steps is a good site, and there's some novelty with it. There are 60 something steps.

The Cliff is sort of a vertical wall dive; I've seen nothing like that elsewhere in Bonaire.

Windsock (not Windsock Resort; that's got a different site) has a big structure near the water and an easy entry near it, which can be handy for night dives when you want a real good beach structure so you can surface & see just where to come out.

Tolo (Ol'Blue) has a fairly easy entry/exit.

Richard.

Rappel (boat)
Angel City
Salt Pier
Vista Blue (advanced)
Forest (Klein)

Hard to pick just 5, but here it goes.....

Bari Reef - just down from Buddy. Easy dock entry and great fishes.

Hilma Hooker - Great wreck dive.

Red Slave - Place to find the Eagle Rays

Karpata - Not sure why, but just like this site.

1000 Steps - Yea, there are 60 something steps, but nice beach.

Oil Slick - Nice Reef

Windsock - Simply awesome reef and fairly easy entry

I know, more than 5, but I'm on Island Time.

Snagel

Only been to Bonaire once (last November), but going back (THIS November).

-HAVE to dive the Hilma Hooker! Awesome wreck, and very easy dive (suggest you do it from shore, use your boat dives to go to Klein). Takes your breath away when you find the edge of the reef and see the ship for the first time.
-Loved Ol' Blue (Tolo).
-North Belnam (Cpl. Meiss) was a fantastic dive, absolutely ruined me for calamari. We swam with half a dozen squid there, used most of a tank of nitrox playing with them.
-Bari reef cannot be beat for fish and beauty of the reef(small tugboat at around 100' to the left).
-Any dive on Klein.

Have a fantastic time, we can't wait to get back!!

Only been to Bonaire once (last November), but going back (THIS November).

-HAVE to dive the Hilma Hooker! Awesome wreck, and very easy dive (suggest you do it from shore, use your boat dives to go to Klein). Takes your breath away when you find the edge of the reef and see the ship for the first time.
-Loved Ol' Blue (Tolo).
-North Belnam (Cpl. Meiss) was a fantastic dive, absolutely ruined me for calamari. We swam with half a dozen squid there, used most of a tank of nitrox playing with them.
-Bari reef cannot be beat for fish and beauty of the reef(small tugboat at around 100' to the left).
-Any dive on Klein.

Have a fantastic time, we can't wait to get back!!

Where do you stay?

I find many of the sites to be fairly indistinct. I like the northern sites in general (Karpata, Rappel, 1,000 Steps), and I strongly prefer the south and west coasts of Klein to the east coast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom