Top Three Survival Items???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends on where I was stranded.

If I was stranded on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere, I'd need:

1) roll of cellophane
2) steel knife with flint and magnesium
3) fishing line with hooks

If I was stranded in Palau, I'd need:

1) Rebreather kit
2) Unlimited fills of gas and asborbent
3) A cute dive buddy :eyebrow:

:D

moisturizer, lipgloss and Diet Coke. :wink:

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
So, all the things that have been going on in the world lately have gotten me to think...if something were to happen, and you were stranded somewhere, what would be the top three things you would need to survive on your own?

I would have to say...my Bible, my boyfriend (he's better with the survival stuff), and....chapstick...

That depends on a lot of things ...

If there is no water available you'd better have your own.

If there is no shelter available you'd better have some means of contructing one.

Rifle (or shotgun)/ammo (I can kill whatever I need to eat as well as defend myself) and a sharp knife.

Matches or firestarter of some sort (I can start a fire to be warm and cook what I have killed).

Fish_Whisperer:
Bingo. That's all I need, and I'd get along quite well.

Okay, I'm assuming you have given a serious answer. Why cellophane? To aid in constructing a shelter?

Bill.

I think the cellophane is to gift wrap presents to yourself so that you wouldn't feel so lonely.

Either that, or maybe you could use it collect water/dew, make a signal mirror, build a thatch hut with cellophane windows that you could roll down when it got hot... the possibilities are endless.

If all heck broke loose, I would want booze, smokes and a gun. I could trade and barter for the rest...

Hmmm: leatherman, flint, poncho

or: PLB, SMB, dye pack

or: sat phone, rechargable batteries, solar recharger

5 bouyant Canadians, rope to tie them together to make a raft, and some sails.

(nothing against Canada... I like America Jr!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom