Top Three Survival Items???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
So, all the things that have been going on in the world lately have gotten me to think...if something were to happen, and you were stranded somewhere, what would be the top three things you would need to survive on your own?

I would have to say...my Bible, my boyfriend (he's better with the survival stuff), and....chapstick...

if you want a serious answer to this, check out www.equipped.com

if not serious, I'd go with a PLB, Jessica Alba and a sleeping bag...

Diver0001:
The mirros is for signaling & making it easier to deal with injuries that you otherwise can't see. I've just noticed that after 3 weeks or so camping that it's something I really miss having. I think if you're alone for very long you'll need one. The mask is for fishing. Fishing in small bodies of water like creeks is *much* easier if you just go get what you're after. Fishing tackle is not a bad idea but you'll eventually lose all your lures.... The knife w/ magnifying glass is an all purpose tool. You can make and endless supply of harpoons to go with the mask for fishing and the magifying glass is better than matches. Starts fires, works after getting wet and never runs out.

R..

Yes, I figured that much out about the mirror. I just thought that after three weeks, during a moonlit night, you might sit there staring into the mirror... company....

:D

Bill

PacketSniffer:
Cellophane is for "making" fresh water; condensation. Without water, you're a goner.

LOL...was just reading your last sentence. How in the $@#% are you gonna use cellophane to build a shelter??? LOL

Build a lean-to and use the cellophane for the "roof" instead of, say, moss. It might keep you drier.

Considering that at least one of the posters who said cellophane is ex-military, is cellophane standard military issue?

Bill.

Lightning Fish:
Yes, I figured that much out about the mirror. I just thought that after three weeks, during a moonlit night, you might sit there staring into the mirror... company....

:D

Bill

Well... it beats a vollyball... :)

R..

lamont:
.......Jessica Alba and a sleeping bag...
That Jessica's going to be a busy girl from the sounds of this thread...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom