Topside activity ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paper is FULL of pics of scooter and MC riders heads on the pavement with blood pooling. (That Latin America approach to news photos.) Often as not, it wasn't their fault. Most of the time it seems to be in town where traffic is more congested.

Paper is FULL of pics of scooter and MC riders heads on the pavement with blood pooling. (That Latin America approach to news photos.) Often as not, it wasn't their fault. Most of the time it seems to be in town where traffic is more congested.
Or out on the road you could hit a patch of sand on the asphalt at 45mph with those tiny little wheels and get an impromptu flying lesson, which is what happened to my brother. If there had been a car coming the other way at the time I would be minus a brother today. As it was he spent that evening in the ER and the rest of his vacation banged up and hurting.

OK. Scootering is out. I'll take my chances walking down the sidewalk with a few margaritas on board and falling on my face.

What about Sonora Grill? Looks like it closed. Too bad - we enjoyed that years ago.
LaChoza still seems to be around, so we'll probably hit that up again.

Cenotes / Tulum / Whale Sharks... maybe. I enjoyed the ferry ride the one time we did that. I'll look into it a bit more.

What about Sonora Grill? Looks like it closed. Too bad - we enjoyed that years ago.

Sonora Grill is no mas; it closed up over a year ago. I was very sorry to see it go; it was on my short list for many years. Their shrimp Sonora (shrimp wrapped in bacon covered in white cheese with a bit of chipotle) was very good, but when we got them to make octopus Sonora for us (not on the menu)... wow, was that good! Capi Navegante and La Morena are also gone, but La Choza is still going strong.

1) Volunteer for the day at say the Coz humane society?
2) Overnight turttle spotting/marking etc on the east side
3) Museum is a MUST
4) Take in a local baseball or soccer game?
5) Def eat in town - I love Guidos, La Perlita, anything on Christies list...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom