Topside clothing on Galapagos Aggressor in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymancase

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey All,
Ok... I know what I'm bringing for exposure suit UW, but what will I need as far as clothes on those few occassions when I won't be in the water? Not looking for a fashion statement :)... just want to know if I'll need just some shorts and tee shirts or should I pack warmer clothes besides a sweatshirt. Keep in mind that I live in the Caribbean so my blood may be a bit thinner than most? I need to keep my clothes space to a minimum to save room for the important stuff... gear, cameras, etc.
Thanks! Casey

Hey Casey

Take a warm sweater and pants for the colder evenings and shorts and t-shirts never really needed anything else when I was there last september other than a couple of changes

Also they are lethal on overweight so pack light unless you want to pay extra for excess baggage

regards

Gaz

P.s what dates are you going ??

caymancase:
Hey All,
Ok... I know what I'm bringing for exposure suit UW, but what will I need as far as clothes on those few occassions when I won't be in the water? Not looking for a fashion statement :)... just want to know if I'll need just some shorts and tee shirts or should I pack warmer clothes besides a sweatshirt. Thanks! Casey

Hi Casey,

I wore shorts and a T-shirt all week, but am used to colder weather. I would bring a sweat shirt and sweat pants, they are easy to slip on and off. It was usually comfortable outside, but it was nice to have something warmer for the air conditioned spaces on the boat, or right after you get out of the water and might be a bit chilled.

Have a great trip !

Thanks Gaz & Boydski,
That's what I thought. I guess I'll wrap a few tees and shorts around my gear in baggage and wear some heavier clothes for those chilly nights.
We'll be on board on Sept 23-30th. My boyfriend and I booked the boat for just us and 9 of our closest friends... what a blast we'll have! Heading straight out for "Mr Big" :)
Thanks again ,guys! Casey

Boydski, just checked out your trip report very quickly and it's awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'll be heading back to reread more in more detail when I have the time tomorrow. Fantastic shots, by the way.
Seeing as we have filled the Aggressor with just us and friends, we have the pleasure of being able to spend the majority of our time at Wolf and Darwin. And now I know... it's not "MR. Big"... it's "MRS. Big" :)
Cheers ~ Casey

Hey Casey,
just a thought.... if you can find the pants that turn into shorts by zipping the legs off, that will be a plus. That is what most of us wore when we were there... shirts were the same, you could zip the sleeves of. Make sure you bring a light windbreaker and/or sweater. Ask them to stop at a site called 'the washing machine' in the southern islands.... and stop to visit the turtoises if you can at the Darwin Research Station. I'll find the logbook with Galapagos and email you what I find there. There was this island where we stopped to swim with the Penguins, yes.... Penguins and they were really playful with the swimmer/snorkelers. All I used then was a 3 m full suit to swim with them for about an hour. maria

caymancase:
Boydski, just checked out your trip report very quickly and it's awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'll be heading back to reread more in more detail when I have the time tomorrow. Fantastic shots, by the way.
Seeing as we have filled the Aggressor with just us and friends, we have the pleasure of being able to spend the majority of our time at Wolf and Darwin. And now I know... it's not "MR. Big"... it's "MRS. Big" :)
Cheers ~ Casey

Thanks Casey,

I'm glad that you found the link! I think all of the schooling sharks (hammer heads and silkies) that we saw were female as well. I'm not sure where the males go, but they seem to be a little less social than the females.

Have a great trip to the Galapagos, you're going to love it!

Hey Boydski,
You'd think the males would be where the females hang out, huh?
Thanks, Maria, for your ideas. Sounds good!
Cheers! Casey

Diving Gallapagos is on my wish list. I am aware of the advanced nature of this diving. At this point, I have approx. 150 OW ocean dives logged, with PADI DM. Nitrox,Advanced Nitrox, and Cavern certification. I have approx. 40 dives logged between 100-125 fsw. What other experience do I need to add to be prepared for Gallapagos conditions?

scubabamatxn:
Diving Gallapagos is on my wish list. I am aware of the advanced nature of this diving. At this point, I have approx. 150 OW ocean dives logged, with PADI DM. Nitrox,Advanced Nitrox, and Cavern certification. I have approx. 40 dives logged between 100-125 fsw. What other experience do I need to add to be prepared for Gallapagos conditions?

Sounds like enough experience to me. Hopefully, some of your Ocean dives have been in currents and colder/lower viz than the typical tropical destination. The currents in the Galapagos are what make the dives challenging, so as long as your comfortable in high surge and current, you'll have a blast in the Enchanted Islands.

Back
Top Bottom