Transfer: Manila airport to Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BettyfromToronto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the past I have asked and received a tremendous response on how to get from Manila airport to PG. Now I have taken that location off the table and am looking at Moalboal or Anilao. Anilao is currently leading because there seems to be tons of direct flights from HK to Manila versus HK to Cebu. I don't want to go HK to Cebua via Manila. Not for such a short trip.

Can anyone please tell me the many ways to get to Anilao? What is the cost of a private car/van for two people. The flights might be plentiful and cheaper; but is the transfer to the resort gonna cost us? :D

Also haven't decided yet on hotels or Dive Ops either. Prefer them together or at least next door to each other. Can you please also advise your favourite(s) and why?

Anilao dive center/resorts podium:
Mayumi 1st
Acacia 2nd (but a bit expensive but worsty)
Arthur's place 3rd

Divemaster world champion(well my champion there): Jason Mendoza

I had a short trip to dive in the Philippines while in Asia and chose Anilao because the diving sounded good and because transport from Manila seemed quick and easy. I was very happy with the choice! Three of us went to Club Ocellaris and they arranged a van transfer for us, as others have suggested. Great time, fantastic macro critter diving.
Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/chris.j.jacobsen/AnilaoFavoritesOct2010
Video: MobileMe Gallery
I'm not a pro; these are just for my fun.

The private transfer is indeed expensive but hassel free.
Get any public to Batangas Pier and tell the conductor that you want to go to Mabini/Bauin. You will be dropped just before the flyover to Batangas Port. From there you have to travel by jeepney to Anilao. You will need to change the jeepney couple of times and travelling with two huge divng bags in a cramp jeep.....!!!!!!
Getting there is indeed half the fun !!!
I will take the private transfer to the resort but public transpor back to the airport.

I would not recommend taking the public bus & using jeepnies for your first trip to Anilao. I have done it a few times and the jeepney is difficult with luggage. Cheap, yes, but not the best way to get around.
Whatever resort you decide to use, see if they have private transport. It will cost more, but save you much time and a more comfortable way to get from the airport to Mabini/Anialo.
Here are a few more to add to your list. Of course not knowing what kind of lodging you prefer; Planet Dive, nice house reef, decent food. Aquaventure, good dive shop on site with nice showers, rinse tanks, racks, lockers, pool, and decent restaurant. Rooms are average and only a few with ocean view. Solana, very nice, but pricey. Balai, have heard good things about it.
Remember, in the "Anilao" area, the resorts are not close together, so you pretty much stay/dive/eat at the resort.
Good luck, you will enjoy the diving there for sure.

Stayed in Pier Uno for the first time last week instead of "falling apart" Outrigger Resort of prevoius times.
Great food, nice room and great Mario divemaster !!

Pier Uno take care of transportation too from any terminals of Manila apt with a confortable minivan and dedicated driver.

They charged 22.000 pesos (around 500 US$) for a 4 nights full board accomodation, 6 dives total (2 x day) and transfert from/to MNL apt.

I hope this can help.

Try this link Pier Uno Resort

P.S. The only awful thing: the charge additional 12% if you pay by VISA !!

Most dive centres do not run their own boats as well as employing full time dive guides!!!!
The boat go out for two/three dives and then come back to the resort. If the sea is rough and raining.....bad luck! If you want to go out again, there would be extra for the boat.

No such hassel in PG. Most of the dive sites are within 10-15mins and the boat come back after EACH dive. You can take as long surface interval as you would like and contemplating your next move ie. divng or a bottle of good wine etc etc!!! The diving schedule is also very flexible, you can go out any time as long as there is boat available. Do choose the operator careful. LBC has THREE dive boats and so are Asia Divers and Atlantis.

Which is better, Anilao or PG?
Hard to say in term of diving.
But I will go for PG for being more convenient in term of diving and food.

Most dive centres do not run their own boats as well as employing full time dive guides!!!!
The boat go out for two/three dives and then come back to the resort. If the sea is rough and raining.....bad luck! If you want to go out again, there would be extra for the boat.

No such hassel in PG. Most of the dive sites are within 10-15mins and the boat come back after EACH dive. You can take as long surface interval as you would like and contemplating your next move ie. divng or a bottle of good wine etc etc!!! The diving schedule is also very flexible, you can go out any time as long as there is boat available. Do choose the operator careful. LBC has THREE dive boats and so are Asia Divers and Atlantis.

But I will go for PG for being more convenient in term of diving and food.

Yeah this is why I prefer PG over Anialo, even though I can be in anialo in 5 minutes from the house, PG just is cheaper on lodging/food/beer/diving. and if coming from Manila, just add the ferry ride over to Sabang maybe extra hour. Then you will save the ride from Batangas to Mabini/anialo, which can take a while with traffic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom