Transmitter Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In case anybody is wondering what took place, here's an image of the part
WhatsApp Image 2017-07-12 at 3.45.25 PM.jpeg

and this is the leaflet that came with it
IMG_0004.JPG

They don't have an opened package to snap photos of the quick guide.

Unfortunately, my unit is being sent to Hong Kong.
Estimated to be returned in 2 weeks, just in time for my next diving trip mid August.

Sent my pod in on Thursday received email Monday at 7:40pm et saying it had Ben upgraded and on its way back to me in fl
Good to here. I talked to an authorized repair store in Seattle, he has received 12 of the upgrade kits so far, unfortunately they are all spoken for customers ahead of me.
He did say if I went to the Suunto website and printed out the shipping label and send it to the Ogden Utah address they would have a seven day turn around.
Is this where you sent yours Jordan?

Does anyone know why after being delivered to the US Suunto service center my status window now shows a status of in transit? It was delivered to Suunto yesterday 7/12/17. Could it possibly be on the way back? Has anyone else sent a tank pod into the service center?
suunto.jpg

Mines getting delivered today so hopefully its a quick turn around. UPS says it is on the truck out for delivery today and SUUNTO says its booked-in so i assume they just got it.

If I buy a new Suunto computer today, how will I know if the transmitter is part of the recall? Are authorized dealers allowed to sell the the "bad" transmitters post recall?

If I buy a new Suunto computer today, how will I know if the transmitter is part of the recall? Are authorized dealers allowed to sell the the "bad" transmitters post recall?
I would think not.

I had been on vacation when I received word of the recall and just got back late yesterday. I just called this morning the retailer I bought mine from to see if they could handle the repairs or if I needed to send it in. He said he has a few new ones in stock for sale that are covered by the recall and he's going to have to send them all in for service. He said he's sort of in the dark about this recall and that I actually gave him more information, which I gleaned from this thread, that what he has gotten from Suunto.

He also said it would probably be quicker to just send it in so I've packaged it to give to the UPS driver in the morning.

I'm attempting to use the Online Service Request form, but I'm running into trouble. After choosing United States, I'm asked to enter a product name. The only product that fits the description that is accepted is "Suunto Tank Pod Multi". That's not what I have. There is a link for "Service Request", but even there, my product name or serial number is not listed or accepted.

Perhaps I"m missing something?

He did say if I went to the Suunto website and printed out the shipping label and send it to the Ogden Utah address they would have a seven day turn around.
Is this where you sent yours Jordan?
Ogden may be quicker than 7 days. Dropped mine off at my UPS Store on Saturday and it's being delivered today. Probably helps that I'm 40 miles away.

I'm attempting to use the Online Service Request form, but I'm running into trouble. After choosing United States, I'm asked to enter a product name. The only product that fits the description that is accepted is "Suunto Tank Pod Multi". That's not what I have. There is a link for "Service Request", but even there, my product name or serial number is not listed or accepted.

Perhaps I"m missing something?
I used _Suunto Transmitter as product. Note the underscore

Last edited:
Ogden may be quicker than 7 days. Dropped mine off at my UPS Store on Saturday and it's being delivered today. Probably helps that I'm 40 miles away.

I used _Suunto Transmitter as product. Note the underscore
Thanks! I found it earlier, and now I see the recall option.

Back
Top Bottom