TransPac w/SS Plate & single tank adapter issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking at another rig, and I like the Transpac, however, I'd rather go with a much lower profile wing than DR offers currently because of my personal trim tastes and experience.

Does anyone have any experience putting an Oxycheq Mach V or DSS Torus wing on the Transpac? They're both sta-less, and it would seem to be a good match, assuming they align.

Thanks...

I'm looking at another rig, and I like the Transpac, however, I'd rather go with a much lower profile wing than DR offers currently because of my personal trim tastes and experience.

Does anyone have any experience putting an Oxycheq Mach V or DSS Torus wing on the Transpac? They're both sta-less, and it would seem to be a good match, assuming they align.

Thanks...

No they wont work. The cam staps wont line up for a DSS torus. Also the DSS torus wings for singles have 3" centre panels. The transpak requires a wing with a centre panel of at least 6". I'v never seen a Mach 5 but I think it also has a very narrow centre panel too. If you put the cam straps through the slots of the transpack, then bring them in to fit the narrow centre panel, when you attempt to tighten the cam straps around the tank, the centre panel of the wing will be ripped apart. In truth the wings are probably to strong to be riped with the mechanical advantage available, but you'd never get it tight enough to hold the tank.

One of the older style wings with a wide centre panel is required. Something like an OMS 32, or one of the older Oxycheq (pre mach 5) 30lb signature wings would do the job I think.

If you want one of the narrow style wings from DSS or Oxycheq you'll need to have the correct BP, or adapt the transpack.

let us know what you wind up doing,
Allen
Actually, I took Kathleen's advice and did away with the STA. This is another example of why the TransPac is such a versatile tool. When teaching, I use the TransPac alone and just wear the extra weight. When not, I add the backplate and lose the weights. It works great...

Thanks to everyone for the tips!

-Patrick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom