Travel Agents steering away from Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuip

Registered
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with one of our travel agents.:m16: I was only looking for airfare price. I was informed on how bad it was down in Cozumel do to Wilma.:devil_2: I , of course, asked where she got all this negative information. She was only telling me this so I would not complain to her later on about conditions down there.
It appears that all the "high maintenance" people are complaining.:censored: I just thought I would pass this information on. kuip

IMO travel agents are great for finding you a trip when you don't know where you want to go. They can take a list of requirements and find you a great vacation to fit your wants/needs. But when you know where you want to go, I think you are better off making the arrangements yourself.

I've found travel agents to be unreliable. I booked my wedding cruise through a TA because I had to coordinate about 25 guests who are coming along. Big mistake. It would have actually have been easier to do it all myself. This TA was great at finding me a cheap vacation for 2 a couple years ago when I had few requirements other than CHEAP, but everything with this wedding cruise has gone wrong:

• 1st cruise we chose was chartered, we found that out ourselves, she didn't bother calling us!
  • She put the wrong groom's name on both the announcement and the reminder post cards.
  • We wanted late seating, she had us down for early, it took 3 phone calls to get her to remember to change it (one after each invoice).
  • She told us a new law required passports in 2006. We jumped through hoops to get my Grandma her passport, turns out the law was postponed until 2007.
  • I went through a TA for the "one stop shopping", but she refused to book the wedding or airfare for us!?!

Now, if you have a good TA, it's fine, but they are people too. Many are really good at one thing, mine happens to recommend Mexico to everyone. She was good at finding us a "good deal", but she's obviously not so good at large groups. I figure, if I have to re-check everything the TA does, confirm laws that they quote me, etc. I may as well save the commission money and do it myself. Although, if I could find someone I trusted to offload the burden onto I'd do it in a hearbeat. I've tried 2, I've been burned by both, I doubt if I'll try again. Too much of a hassle for something that's supposed to save me time.

Wow. I kind ranted there, didn't I... Sorry.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread:

Yeah this makes me more excited about my trip to Coz Friday. Less high maintenance tourists and cruise ships? Fine by me.

The night/shore diving situation is a kind of bummer of a tradeoff, but I'm looking forward to seeing the quieter side of Coz.

lilycat:
You know what that means? No high maintenance people in Cozumel! Now that sounds like a perfect holiday. :)

Woo hoo!:yleyes: let's all grab our hammocks and head down!:D

kuip:
I just got off the phone with one of our travel agents.:m16: I was only looking for airfare price. I was informed on how bad it was down in Cozumel do to Wilma.:devil_2: I , of course, asked where she got all this negative information. She was only telling me this so I would not complain to her later on about conditions down there.
It appears that all the "high maintenance" people are complaining.:censored: I just thought I would pass this information on. kuip

I regards to high maintenance people complaining,that would be the travel agents themselves. There are 500 rooms available right now and not much of the all inclusive resort rooms that they get paid commission on.....

So.....don't bother the travel agents about Coz,leave them alone and book your ticket online.

Ron

You people are making it a lot harder for me to decide where to spend my shrinking vacation hours!! Oh my, I just can't do it all!

Funky: I have done 20+ dives with Deep Blue myself, and I really like them. Not what everyone would be looking for, but great for me! (and the black T-shirt is great!)

Wristshot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom