travel and dive trip- storing gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian2828

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning a week of diving in Cozumel in March but would like to travel down the coast toward Belize for a few days prior. I'd rather not travel with my dive gear. Has anyone stored gear or shipped gear directly to Cozumel (maybe a storage locker in Playa)?

Thanks,
Brian

Welcome to Cozumel Scuba Repair - fixing your underwater expirience since 1990!
Cozumel Scuba Repair stores (with annual service!) for $100 per year. I haven't used them myself, but several folks on the forum have. I'd store my stuff there.
If you are a regular, talk to the folks you do business with and trust. Sometimes they can help you out with storage - especially if there is a definite start and end date...

Mmmmm... wander down the coast. That sounds like fun! Wandered down the Baja a few years ago. Mexico One Plate at a Time today reminded me of what a great time that was!!

Buen suerte!

Are you flying into Coz or Cancun? If Coz, why not ask your op here if you can drop it off and leave it for a few days as you'll be back diving with them. If Cancun, you'll have to change buses in Playa anyway and there are lockers at the Playa bus terminal. At least there were in December when I was there last.

i know lots of folks that use Coz scuba repair - good people!

Take your gear with you. Dive The whole way down. First stop Akumal. Second cenotes near Tulum. Third stop Mahaul, Then on to Xcalak to dive with XTC. Then if you are lucky, you can try to get to Chinchoro Banks if the weather cooperates.

:confined: Get out of the jar!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom