Travel bcd wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does the giant, tricked out, "stealth" carabiner do?..... Obfuscate the general noodlely-ness of the BCD?

View attachment 494862

Then remove it? It's not like its permanently attached. I use the carabiner from the Outlaw, just not on the BC itself. More to the point is why must you troll the thread? The OP is looking for suggestions, and that's what we're doing. You don't like the Outlaw or Rogue? Cool, fine, nobody said you have to. We're all just trying to be helpful here.

@DreadnoughtNH, Yes the Airsource is an option on the Outlaw as well. I'm really happy with it. I take a few breaths from it at depth, every dive, and find it breathes just fine at 30m/100ft.

In the water I immediately noticed an increase in streamlining with the Rogue over my former rig (Dimension I3). Went from tugboat to torpedo!

The ONLY downsides I can think of are 1) that there is not a lot of weight storage on the Rogue (even less on the Outlaw). I require 10#, and it just about fills every pocket to capacity. But both are geared for the warm water diver, so a lot of weight isn't generally necessary

+1 on the Tugboat to Torpedo :rofl3: I like that. I noticed the same.

On the weight pockets, I'm not sure which size pockets you have on the Rogue, but there are 2 sizes (at least for the outlaw). The small ones hold about 10 lbs and the larger, quick dump, should be able to hold up to 20 lbs (per pair).

Sounds like compulsive 'biner-fetishism. Or.....fetishistic 'biner-ism........Or is it 'bineristic fetishism?

There are 10 kinds of people: those who get the 'binery system, and those who don't.

Zuma
Why would a travel bc comes with integrated weight system? It just doesn't sense at all!
Most operators will provide weight belt and weight at no extra cost. And ditching a weight belt in emergency is straight forward even if it is under the crotch strap.

BP/W is more versatile than jacket bc BUT it is not everyone cup of tea.

Zuma
Why would a travel bc comes with integrated weight system? It just doesn't sense at all!
Most operators will provide weight belt and weight at no extra cost. And ditching a weight belt in emergency is straight forward even if it is under the crotch strap.

Cause wearing a weight belt over board shorts hurts.

Zuma

You just don't travel with your lead in the pockets, just use the free weights from the dive op. At least with the Aqualung surelock it takes me less than a minute to load and insert the pouches.

Out here, depending on where I'm diving, I may bring my weights pre-loaded or just leave them and use the dive op's. Depends on if flying and/or taking banca vs just driving.

Zuma

Oh, come on. I can dump weights from my BH's jacket pockets faster than I can get the belt half-way out of my crotch strap. (If I wore a belt, that is.) If you're a DM dumping somebody else's weight, you want them to have a quick release system.

The OP is looking for suggestions, and that's what we're doing. You don't like the Outlaw or Rogue? Cool, fine, nobody said you have to. We're all just trying to be helpful here.

I will not deconstruct, I will not deconstruct, I will................

You just don't travel with your lead in the pockets, just use the free weights from the dive op. At least with the Aqualung surelock it takes me less than a minute to load and insert the pouches.

Out here, depending on where I'm diving, I may bring my weights pre-loaded or just leave them and use the dive op's. Depends on if flying and/or taking banca vs just driving.
I do not expect anyone travel with weight especially on plane.
The main objective of travelling bc or reg is weight saving. To travel with additional weight system/pocket/pouch etc just defeat the meaning of it.

Back
Top Bottom