Travel friendly solo diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

South coast UK. Not sure how easy it would be to hire a pony though. Also, no guarantee on getting out to dive. it depends on the wind. although this year has been pretty awesome, with excellent vis

M/V Spree, liveaboard out of Key West, recognizes the SSI and PADI certifications for solo; on my one trip on the Spree (so far) I was not solo certified and buddied up with another diver, but I observed a certified solo diver / photographer on that trip. The accomodations on Spree are single bunks, so you also don't have the problem of sharing a 'stateroom' or paying a single-supplement.

I don't know what places you have in mind but if you decide to visit Florida, there are dive operators that are solo friendly in many locations in south Florida including Jupiter and West Palm Beach.

---------- Post added July 15th, 2015 at 12:39 PM ----------

I am disappointed to hear that. We were planning on taking another course with him this spring.

Happy for him though.

I don't know what places you have in mind but if you decide to visit Florida, there are dive operators that are solo friendly in many locations in south Florida including Jupiter and West Palm Beach.

uncfnp is correct. Many of the dive boats will let you dive solo in this area. I almost always dive by myself though will occasionally buddy up with a friend. If you like drift diving, Boynton, WPB and Jupiter are fantastic: if you like to see sharks, turtles, goliath grouper,etc. this is also the spot for you. Operators in Pompano are also pretty good about letting solo certified divers dive solo as are a handful of shops in the Florida Keys.

I know someone mentioned the Spree which is a great boat: another live-aboard, should you ever want to try one, is the Juliet which berths in Miami and heads to the Bahamas for a week of diving in the summer. They let me dive solo with my SDI cert card and redundant gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom