Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tend to agree if you can bear not travelling with them another fin might deliver what you want more suited to flying and the diving environment.
I have two complete sets of gear - I travel with Aeris Accel fins and at home I alternate between Quattros and my lovely but long Cressi Garas. Your choice but I can't see how you would get them on unless checked.

I brought my fins to Roatan when I went. I put them in my checked bag, despite the fact that they aren't freediving fins. That's how I always do it when I travel for diving. So far, I've not gone to a location that has an extreme limitation on baggage so it's been doable.

If my load is within limits, contains no TSA no-no's, and the trip doesn't have a lot of layovers I prefer carry-on because it gets me out of the destination airport sooner and I don't have to worry about those rare occasions when luggage is mishandled. I'm just about 70, and it's kind of a point of pride that I can still handle my own load.
And of course, there's the modern affliction of luggage fees!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom