Traveling to/from Cozumel with a Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've gotten some VERY strange looks about carrying on a pvc pipe filled with electrical wiring and under-marked bundles of unknown chemical substances.....but once I explain it's just a dive light, I get the explosive-sniffer pad swipe and they send me on my way.

I've gotten some VERY strange looks about carrying on a pvc pipe filled with electrical wiring and under-marked bundles of unknown chemical substances.....but once I explain it's just a dive light, I get the explosive-sniffer pad swipe and they send me on my way.

Mine are clearly commercial products, not DIY. But on one occasion, I was told I had to turn on all the lights to prove they were really lights. Especially irritating since my cans have a "travel" position, in which the battery connections are rotated 180 degrees so the light cannot be turned on unintentionally. I get the pad wipes on every single bag in my carry on (I keep singles/doubles/sidemount regs in different cases, to stay organized).
You just have to accept that the TSA is going to waste a lot of time, and arrive extra early.

Mine are clearly commercial products, not DIY. But on one occasion, I was told I had to turn on all the lights to prove they were really lights. Especially irritating since my cans have a "travel" position, in which the battery connections are rotated 180 degrees so the light cannot be turned on unintentionally. I get the pad wipes on every single bag in my carry on (I keep singles/doubles/sidemount regs in different cases, to stay organized).
You just have to accept that the TSA is going to waste a lot of time, and arrive extra early.

Mine have all been commercial products as well. The difference between PVC and machined delrin is usually lost on those folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom