traveling with baby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm giving an update on this in case anybody else does a search on traveling with a baby. I did end up going in April. I found an incredible babysitter in Cozumel who picked us up from the airport and spent the mornings with my son while I dived. She had a car seat, so I didn't have to worry about that. Her name is Rebecca Ugalde and her email is theugaldefamily@gmail.com. She is an American who is married to a Mexican and has been living there for about 12 years. She was awesome and I'm SO glad I found her.

I got a room on the ground floor at Blue Angel, and that was great. Also, they let me use their sink every day to wash bottles and pump parts with their filtered water, so that worked out well. I tried to get some friends to go but nobody could, so it was just me and my son. I booked for 7 days but ended up cutting it short to 5. Other than the first day (which was rough), it was 'fine' and my son adapted well enough, but it would have been better going with someone, although I imagine everybody reading this post wouldn't be in my situation. Would I recommend traveling to Cozumel with a baby? Sure, but keep expectations low! I knew it wouldn't be relaxing (and for the most part it wasn't) but it was nice to be there.

Also, I did buy trip insurance just in case. Blue Angel was great, as always, and the diving was wonderful.

I tried to get some friends to go but nobody could, so it was just me and my son.
Well, that was an adventure, and those are part of the fun of travel.

Back
Top Bottom