Treasure Coast Shore Diving Events

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds great everyone! In my opinion, the reef lines between the North Jetty in Ft. Pierce and Pepper Park provide the best shore diving in the area. Sometime in mid-May, I would like to get a group together and place a marker buoy out at the wreck on the Urca De Lema off the north end of Pepper Park. I have yet to contact the lifeguards/ proper authority about marking the wreck with a permanent buoy, but Im sure it would be alright. I have the GPS numbers to get us in the right place and with a team of yaks, I think we could do a great service to other divers in the area. Anyone have ideas of how to permanently mark the wreck? I dont want more junk out in the water, but a successful marker would be great. I have a rather large red buoy at the house that would require a large weight to keep it in place; im thinking a few cinder blocks or even a bag of underwater cement.

Anyone interested in diving/ marking the wreck off Pepper Park?

Steve

Dove the area about 20 years ago. Would like to dive there again this summer.

There used to be a ball on the Urca de Lima. The ball disappeared in one of the Hurricanes. The wreck is 45 degrees from the steps of the empty lot north of Pepper Park. It's been years since I dove there... but, we used to get permission to use the lot from the motel or was it apartments across the street.

Another "me too" but it has to be a Friday or a Sunday.

Steve,

I'm new to the group and new to diving, so count me in and put me on your list for shore dives. I live in Stuart, so if there is any way that I can wrangle the time, I will.

Craig (aka Neo)

Steve I have met the man in charge of the reef program in St Lucie County. The S.O. dive team once kept up with the Urca but they have gotten fat and lazy in the last few years.
I assure you marking this site is not a problem for sure. The County budget is tight but he might come off some sort of marker. They promote the wreck as a Tourist spot complete with brochures but the FOUR hurricanes we got hit with sent our markers to Sebastian.

The concrete mourings have to still be out there. They were HUGE. I am sure you can still tie into it. IF you want to set something up I will put the HMFIC's email at the bottom. Feel free to tell him a SLSO Deputy / Local divemaster is willing to help out with this project.

oppenborj@stlucieco.gov. -- Jim Oppenborn

Steve,

My Wife and I would love to be apart of this, Please keep me posted on Times and Days, we live in Hobe Sound.

Thank You
Dennis and Nikki

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom