Treasure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

>A quick reply give you post #50 and you
>can download your own favorite avatar!

Cool, I'll look into that.

>Where does the word avatar originate, anyway?

Since you asked:
av.a.tar \'av-*-.ta:r\ n [Skt avata-ra descent, fr. avatarati he descends, fr. ava-] away + tarati he crosses over 1: the incarnation of a Hindu deity (as Vishnu) 2a: an incarnation of another person 2b: an embodiment usu. in a person (as of a concept, philosophy, or tradition) 3: a cool picture under your name in your Scuba Board posts.

I'm kind of an etymology buff. Odd, since I can't spell for beans!

KYDan

Hey guys... me and a bud will be there for the hunt... Like everyone I hope that we get our 2 limit quickly and can head to some cool stuff. Otherwise i am afraid that I'll have to kill... oops I mean find another way to get those flags without using the sence of sight:)

That's why people wear a BFK (Big Knife) on thier leg....in situations just like these, it just might help you make the cut above the rest.

Moderator edit--Cobalt once bubbled:
I keep on refeshing the post page, causing my post to repeat. Sorry.
I cleaned the mess up for you--Ber Rabbit

I look forward to meeting you guys. Sounds like it will be fun ... crazy, but fun! :D

So is anyone going to camp at Joe's after the Pig Roast? Maybe a night Dive?

I'm going there tomorrow for my Enriched Air Cert and planning on mapping the quarry a bit to kill time, anyone going this weekend?

And it will be Fun, because we're all crazy for diving in a quarry in the 1st place :D

Mike

Showers and T-storms likely, High 85, Precipitation 60%, SW winds 5 to 10.

I plan on diving @ FRQ tomorrow as well... does it close during thunder storms, or do we just all gather our gear and stand next to the flag pole?

I heard that it will stay open until it lighting is seen. What's a little rain anyway is not like we're not going to get anyway.

I'll be there around 9am. And from everyone I talk to, in the morning is the best time to go if storms are coming. The weather seems to wait until the afternoon to ruin your day.

A bud and myself will be camping fri night and diving fri afternoon, evening and that morning... anyone up for a night dive on fri pm me! Don't want to rent a primary for nothing.

Depends on what my buddy has planned. Do you know where we can get our tanks filled afterwards? New Horizon's is bring a portable compressor but itakes about 25mins to fill "One" tank.

They are renting that portable compressor from Innerspace Scuba Adventures out of Lexington, Ky. It takes about 17 minutes to fill a tank if it's down to 500 PSI. Sometimes Innerspace Scuba Adventures will run their tanks over to Louisville Dive Center before they close on a Sat. They close at 5 O'clock sharp. You should be there by 4:30. They can fill about 20 tanks in 30 minutes or less. It's about a 35 minute drive from the quarry. It's well worth it plus you can pick up some Col-Beer while in Louisville.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom