Treasure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New Horizon's said they were renting a compressor, but not from where. Its pretty rare that one shop would help another out, escpecially when their they only 2 of thier kind in town. And when it happens it should be applauded!!!!

Thanks to Innerspace!!!!

BTW, the last time I was Innerspace, bought a really nice Ti T-Rex knife, I noticed that they were have a T-hunt too. Is that still on, if so when & where?

The two shops help each other out when ever possible. The treasure hunt was this past weekend down at Cerulean Springs. Sorry you missed it. Hopefully you will win something big this weekend.

I wish would have made it, problably would have had a better time than learning some hard lessons at the quarry this weekend with a buddy of mine.

I learned the following, or remmembered in some cases:

1.) Ear drops should be used after diving for the day, in my case. Unless you want vertigo at the thermocline!!!

2.) Remembered to add 4-5lbs of weight for an Al tank or you'll have Bouyancy problems.

3.) If you think you BC is having a problem venting air that you think you need to vertical to vent your problably have no air in your BC anyway (see #2)

4.) If you go vert. to vent and see bubbles your problably really not venting much air (see #3), but definitly taking on water in your BC.

BUt hey that's one of the reasons we dive in the quarry in the 1st place. To work on our skills and refresh our memory. So when we go on the nice, expensive dive trips were better prepared and can expect a more enjoyable dive.

As for winning something, to be honest I could careless if I win a trip or an O-ring. I'm just thier to have fun and dive, I'd go without the t-hunt, but it does seem to put a little icing on the cake though :)

Besides, since I'll be diving, I've already won something big!!

CobaltWave once bubbled...
I

As for winning something, to be honest I could careless if I win a trip or an O-ring. I'm just thier to have fun and dive, I'd go without the t-hunt, but it does seem to put a little icing on the cake though :)

Besides, since I'll be diving, I've already won something big!!

YOU THE MAN!!!

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
They are renting that portable compressor from Innerspace Scuba Adventures out of Lexington, Ky. It takes about 17 minutes to fill a tank if it's down to 500 PSI. Sometimes Innerspace Scuba Adventures will run their tanks over to Louisville Dive Center before they close on a Sat. They close at 5 O'clock sharp. You should be there by 4:30. They can fill about 20 tanks in 30 minutes or less. It's about a 35 minute drive from the quarry. It's well worth it plus you can pick up some Col-Beer while in Louisville.

Hey ya'll I work for Louisville Dive Center. If you are coming by to get tanks filled late on Saturday if at all possible let us know so we can have the banks full and ready to go for you. We can be reached at (502)368-8427.

If anyone would like directions I would be more than happy to post them.

If you could post the directions to the shop from the quarry. And what time you open. I might be bring 2 EAN and 2 air tanks by.

Thanks

CobaltWave once bubbled...
If you tell us where we could get a good breakfast while were waiting that would be great too.

Go into Lagrange and get on 71 South. From I-71 take I-264 West until you get to Exit 12 which is the Preston Highway exit. At the exit hang a left. The first stop light you come to hang a left. That is Durret Ln. We are at the very end of Durret on the left right next to Rhodes Furniture.

Breakfast:

If you want greasy breakfast there is a Bob Evans right down the street. I am more of a fresh fruit kind of guy myself and there is a great deli/produce store on Preston Highway. If you go right off the expressway it's called Franks. They have EXCELLENT sandwhiches and lots of fresh fruit

No he does not but he will if you have called ahead of time or if NH has already set it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom