Tri-Mix Agencies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The same as decent (MOD) needs to be controlled when diving with Nitrox?

No. Its not only hard ceilings of your stops, but it is also the rate of ascent. Much harder to control than descent.

I think a recreational triox class is a great bridge from recreational to technical diving . . . or it can be, depending on how it is taught. It was certainly my bridge, but then, I took it from a GUE instructor, and again from AG.

Personally, I try to remember Joe Talavera's wonderful advice: Do all the dives you can do with the certifications that you have, and when you are thoroughly bored, go get more training. I broke that to go to the caves (since I wasn't at all bored with open water diving -- I'm not now, three and a half years later, either) but the caves were a very specific goal I couldn't reach with the training I had. AND I had 500 dives when I went for cave training.

This young man very probably should get out and do a bunch of diving before he thinks about heading deeper, and he may well need to take his skills to the next level before he should tech dive. A good and ethical instructor will tell him this, and help him polish his skills. I see no reason not to assist someone in locating a good instructor, even if I think they are a little green for the ambitions they voice.

Damn this turned in to a **** storm fast...

In all honesty right now I'm just looking in to it with plans of trying it next summer. By then I should have 75-100 dives in easily. As for depths, I really have no interest in going past 200' at this point in time, and even for me to reach that depth would be seldom. There's a few wrecks near me at the 130'-175' mark that I'm highly interested in seeing and would like to spend more then a couple of minutes at them.

As for costs and stuff, yeah I know it's expensive. But diving has been in general already. Also, I think part of kinda wanting it is to learn how to learn how to do stuff the right way up front instead of learning bad habits, then trying to break them.

If it was something I was just going to jump in to blindly, I probably wouldn't of come here asking for recommendation, I'd just take the first thing I could find.

No. Its not only hard ceilings of your stops, but it is also the rate of ascent. Much harder to control than descent.

Disagree sorry control of decent you add air control of accent to remove air same thing and both very important skills.

the last trimix dive I did was approaching the 200 dollar mark just for breathing gas.

god I get a little sick just saying that....
so it does get a little expensive

my doubles set is Zeagle Flat Head LT's, Dive Rite LED Lux, backups are the Intova's they have, Zeagle manta wing

Open water is a ranger, Zeagle Envoy's reg's and their Nitrox3 computer. Of course the lights swap between the two.

Then just other random stuff like z-knives, reels, lift bags, etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom