trident A148

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
My LDS is an aqualung/apeks dealer. I recently had an LPO octupus that needed a new lp seat. I went and found out that they wouldn't sell aqualung parts as expected. I eventually found a kit but along the way read about the seat flip which did the trick. Also I read about the suitability of the trident A148 lp seat for the scubapro g250.

So here is the funny part, the dealer also being a trident dealer was willing to order me some A148's and some HP seat A242's for my mk10.

Is this a common experience or are trident parts equally hard to come by?

I suspect it is more common to find shops that will not sell you any part claiming it is a liability issue. Obviously, if there were truly a liability problem, it would apply to Trident parts as well as Aqualung and other parts. The truth is that most shops who will not sell you parts are following the mfgr policies and/or hoping to get you to pay for their annual service.

What was the price on the parts? I am thinking of ordering the same plus maybe some exhaust valves.

What was the price on the parts? I am thinking of ordering the same plus maybe some exhaust valves.

I have had a shop charge me $1 (too low) for the rivet type LP seat and $10 for an HP seat (too high). Reasonable price is $2 - $3 for the rivet style seat and about $4 for an HP seat if you can find a Trident dealer willing to sell them. Easier alternative unless you are looking to do a volume buy is look for the online dealers who are putting together aftermarket kits like NE Scuba and VDH.

Actually I am looking to do volume. I kind of went overboard on some ebay purchases so I figure I will fix what I want, Keep what I like and rebay the rest. I will probably buy some stuff from VDH but they do not do MK10 kits only MK5. I am not sure why they did not take DA Aquamaster's advice and make a combined kit with the extra 3 o-rings. However I may buy some MK-2 kits from them, unless the seat is Awapable. lol.

Hey, if somebody wants to organize a group buy, I'm in for a dozen A148!

Regarding the MK5 vs MK10 kit, the only o-ring that's critical and different is the piston crown one: it's a 2-022 for the MK5 and a 2-017 for the MK10; both are easy to source, cost only a few bucks a bag and you'll have 99 left over for future projects.
:D

Zung, have you ever heard of this company based out of Austria?

Yes, I bought some stuff there. Prices are OK-ish, communication is a bit complicated. The kits he sells are aftermarket's with original seats and Nitrile o-rings, same price as the original kits.

Back
Top Bottom