Triglide direction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteveT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sorry for the silly question...

My harness (Dive Rite deluxe) came with the smooth triglides that have the middle leg slightly bent in one direction. When threading through these, is the web supposed to go over the top of the middle leg or under the middle leg? Over the top would bend the web more and probably be more secure, but they lock just fine going the easier way under the bend too. It seems to work better under the bend with a D-ring since the webbing already has a bunch to go around without the additional bend. Any advice?

Thanks!

I don’t know for certain, but my guess is that the bend up on the middle “rung” is to accommodate the D ring. I’ve found that flat triglides will bend the middle rung out anyway. If you put the triglide together where the middle rung pushes against the d ring, it’ll just bend it out faster! :)

I’m happy with the plain glides, they hold fine. I just wasn’t sure which way they are intended to be used. Both ways seem to work, I do think the offset works better away from the D-ring.

Throw them out and get serrated triglides.
What's the advantage of the serrated ones over smooth? Every backplate harness kit I've bought seems to include one, and I use it for my left hip D-ring. Would you use them everywhere?

What's the advantage of the serrated ones over smooth? Every backplate harness kit I've bought seems to include one, and I use it for my left hip D-ring. Would you use them everywhere?
They really shine when used to secure the harness at the bottom of the plate. I switched out all the smooth triglides and replaced them with toothy triglides for that application.

Really though for the d rings it doesn’t matter :)

They really shine when used to secure the harness at the bottom of the plate. I switched out all the smooth triglides and replaced them with toothy triglides for that application.

Really though for the d rings it doesn’t matter :)
I use normal triglides for my backplate: what’s the issue with normal ones ?

They tend to slip under heavy and/ or dynamic load.
I guess you start to see this when you have a lot of stages ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom