Trip insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always use World Nomads. I had a day of blue shark freediving/snorkeling cancelled due to weather. I submitted a claim to WN and they fully reimbursed me for the cost of said day ($350). Received my money within a month after filing claim. Very easy.

We have purchased the cheaper Allianz Travel Policy that's offered when we purchase airfare. It has some basic trip delay/cancellation/interruption/baggage coverage and some basic medical.

The only time we made a claim, we were delayed leaving our home airport and missed our connecting flight by a matter of minutes. Had to spend the night in Phoenix. I made the claim through their website for a one night stay in a hotel. I sent copies of an email I had an airline rep send me saying that our flight was delayed causing us to miss the connecting flight and of the hotel bill. Had a refund pretty quick.

We have purchased the cheaper Allianz Travel Policy that's offered when we purchase airfare. It has some basic trip delay/cancellation/interruption/baggage coverage and some basic medical.

The only time we made a claim, we were delayed leaving our home airport and missed our connecting flight by a matter of minutes. Had to spend the night in Phoenix. I made the claim through their website for a one night stay in a hotel. I sent copies of an email I had an airline rep send me saying that our flight was delayed causing us to miss the connecting flight and of the hotel bill. Had a refund pretty quick.

My claim was substantially bigger (4 people missing liveaboard trip) so that is probably why they held out as long as they could. It was super frustrating because it should not have taken so long.

I always use World Nomads. I had a day of blue shark freediving/snorkeling cancelled due to weather. I submitted a claim to WN and they fully reimbursed me for the cost of said day ($350). Received my money within a month after filing claim. Very easy.
I will second World's Nomads. Have not made a claim with them but they clearly state that they cover scuba diving and a whole bunch more sports, something I found a lot of others don't make clear in their policies. I had a policy for a 1 month Australia trip.

I've been generally pleased with Travel Safe company: Travel Insurance Quotes Online | TravelSafe Insurance Always go over the coverage, limits, and exclusions carefully to see if your important concerns are covered, but they have come thru for us the few times we have claimed - the worst being when my minor age granddaughter lost her passport in China traveling with her mom, and her dad had to Fedex notarized approval over from the US. They were reasonable in the process and paid fully & quickly.

Get their Classic plan tho. Their Basic is not much cheaper, but offers much less.

Going to Chuuk soon, so I'm also looking into insurance. World Nomads looks good, as long as the level 3 sports doesn't jack up the price too much, but they don't appear to cover insolvency and search and rescue(I'd hate to know how much the US Navy would charge if they had to send out a chopper) Is that standard, or are there ones that do cover them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom