Triple Tank, Triple Manifolds!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI, sorry I have been gone so long. I took up sailing and while it is free to use the wind to move you from one point to the other, it does take you forever and a day to get there. lol.
I forgot the specs I had on my system, and about 2 years ago I traded the set up for an outboard motor. to the best of my bad memory I had a nickle plated brass valve. I wish I had taken a few pics, and got more info, but thats hind sight.

Bill

How is a 3-cylindered aqualung arranged? If each cylinder is connected to the manifold by an A-clamp on a pillar-valve top, those, plus the regulator's A-clamp makes 4, and when I tried to make a CGI model of a 3-cylindered aqualung where each cylinder had its own pillar valve and A-clamp, I found that the middle cylinder's pillar valve top and A-clamp gets in the way of the regulator's A-clamp and the bit like a pillar-valve top on the manifold that it screws onto. Google search for images of 3-cylinder setups found only http://www.divingmachines.com/vintagescuba.html, which shows setups where the cylinders did not each have their own pillar values but were screw-connected straight to a manifold.

Hi Anthony,

I don't think that there were any commercially available triple A clamp "travel bar" manifolds. I built one quite a while ago vor DIN valve tanks.

Most triple manifolds are like the ones in the link that you posted. Or like here:

DSCN3255

Some are with the center tank like in your link but with the outer two tanks inverted, like here:

DSCN3759

US Divers ABS tripple tank pictures.

Attachments

• ScubaABS6.jpg
    ScubaABS6.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 384
  • ABSTankAd-1988.jpg
    ABSTankAd-1988.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 488
  • DSC00554.jpg
    DSC00554.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 341
ABS pictures

Attachments

• ScubaABS6.jpg
    ScubaABS6.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC00554.jpg
    DSC00554.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 258
What you have as others had said is a triple 30 manifold made by USD. However it can be used w and w/o case as the case was made only for a limited time. I just rebuilt another one the other day. Its basically a USD K-valve for 3 cylinders.
It is exact in construction to the current Aqua Lung Military twin manifold w/ exception of no reserve valve. If you look at older era USD spare parts drawings it has same seats seals etc. This triple manifold was discontinued due to high manufacturing cost and general logistics, paying for 3 VIPs/Hydros rather than one. The best way to use these with current BCs is to pass the bc strap around center cylinder for mounting and then use a large strap w/ spacers to secure the far end. The far end strap keeps the assembly rigid otherwise the cylinders have play to move around. This manifold is very durable as it is forged from one piece of brass, unlike the UDS-1 manifold which was made from AL and prone to corrosion.

Hi Folks!

looking for a triple tank system for my ABS System, (3) 30cfi tanks and the triple manifold. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks
Steve,

Attachments

• Cousteau ABS System.jpg
    Cousteau ABS System.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 943
Old style triples using modern aluminum 30 cu/ft tanks.

Attachments

• 30 cuft triples.JPG
    30 cuft triples.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,060
Here is a Triple set .. I believe they are triple 38"s. Single hose regulator.

Attachments

• Calypso_close_me1.jpg
    Calypso_close_me1.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 852

Back
Top Bottom